2 Oranges (includes 1 tablespoon finely chopped orange zest -- zest from one orange)
¼ cup freshly squeezed juice and 1 orange cut into wedges and served as garnish)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon O Organics® honey
2 teaspoons Signature Kitchens Canola Oil
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1 pound salmon filet, cut or purchased as 3 or 4 individual filets
Salt and pepper to season the salmon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking dish that fits the salmon filets as closely as possible, with foil. Coat the foil with canola oil cooking spray.
2. Remove the zest from one orange then cut the orange into wedges and squeeze the juice in a measuring cup, removing any seeds.
3. Add orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, honey, canola oil, parsley and chives to a small bowl and blend.
4. Pour the citrus marinade mixture into the prepared foil-lined dish. Season the flesh side of the filet with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Place salmon flesh side down in baking dish on top of citrus sauce. Broil about 6-inches from the heat, skin side up, for about 4-5 minutes (watch carefully).
5. Remove dish from broiler and if desired, remove the now crisp skin with a fork and discard. Flip the filet over, cover well with the citrus marinade in the dish and continue to broil until fish is cooked throughout (about 5 minutes more).
Serve fish warm or cold with orange wedges as garnish.
Servings: Makes 3-4 servings
Nutritional Information: Serving size: about 4 ounces cooked if 3 servings
Calories: 274, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Sodium: 76 mg, Potassium: 1084 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 20 g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 17 g, Protein: 35 g