Actor and comedian Bob Saget may be famed for family shows like "Full House" and "America's Funniest Videos," but he's also known for his adults-only style of standup comedy. See what taboo topics he tackles on Wednesday at the Raue Center for the Arts, 26 N. Williams St., Crystal Lake. $44-$53. For mature audiences only. (815) 356-9212 or rauecenter.org. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7
The Joffrey Ballet performs works by choreographers George Balanchine ("The Four Temperaments"), Myles Thatcher ("Body of Your Dreams"), Nicholas Blanc ("Beyond the Shore") and Jerome Robbins ("Glass Pieces") in "Modern Masters." The repertory concert starts performances on Wednesday at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, 50 E. Congress Parkway, Chicago. $34-$159. (312) 386-8905 or joffrey.org. 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, and Thursday, Feb. 15, Friday to Saturday, Feb. 9-10 and 16-17; 2 p.m. matinees Saturday and Sunday; through Feb. 18
Poet-scholar Eve L. Ewing will read works from her book "Electric Arches" on Wednesday at Oakton Community College's Footlik Theater, 1600 E. Golf Road, Des Plaines. No admission charge. (847) 635-2185 or oakton.edu. 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7
See the latest models, stunt performers and more at the Chicago Progressive International Motorcycle Show when it returns on Friday at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Road, Rosemont. $18; kids ages 11 and under admitted free with guardian. (847) 692-2220 or motorcycleshows.com. 1 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11
Darien native Andrew Salgado may be a Nashville country recording artist now, but you just can't take the Chicago out of the guy. He returns to the suburbs with some new original music -- as well as his take on some country favorites -- for an album-release show in Woodridge next week. A ticket to the performance, party and meet-and-greet also nets you a copy of Salgado's new "'86' Vol 1," which will be distributed at the event. Shanahan's Food & Spirits, 1999 75th St., Woodridge. $10. andrewsalgado.net. 6:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9
Pinstripes pairs with Coppola Winery
Wine and dine starting at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at Pinstripes in South Barrington during an interactive four-course wine dinner featuring Francis Ford Coppola Winery. The Pinstripes' chef and a Coppola winery expert will lead guests in a discussion about each pairing. The dinner costs $50 including tax and gratuity. Pinstripes is at 100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington, (847) 844-9300 or pinstripes.com/.
A love letter
A woman leaves her job and ends her failing relationship after she finds herself unexpectedly pregnant in "Breach: a manifesto on race in America through the eyes of a black girl recovering from self-hate," Antoinette Nwandu's comedy about friendship, family and motherhood. Lisa Portes directs Victory Gardens Theater's production starring Caren Blackmore as Margaret, who gets support from a sassy aunt and a new friend. Previews at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9; 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10; 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11; and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13-15 at 2433 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. The show opens Feb. 16. $15-$60. (773) 871-3000 or victorygardens.org.
An eccentric French countess battles corrupt businessmen who plot to dig up the streets of Paris so they can access oil they believe lies beneath them in "The Madwoman of Chaillot," a 1945 satire by Jean Giraudoux that still resonates today. Joseph Jefferson Award-winner Elaine Carlson plays the titular role in Promethean Theatre Ensemble's production directed by artistic associate John Arthur Lewis. Previews at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 9-10; 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11; and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15-16 at the Athenaeum Theatre, 2936 N. Southport Ave., Chicago. The show opens Feb. 17. $17-$27. (773) 935-6875 or prometheantheatre.org.
Laughs by Lee
Catch up with actor/comedian Bobby Lee ("MADtv," "Pineapple Express") when he performs a series of standup comedy sets this weekend at the Improv Comedy Showcase, 5 Woodfield Road, Schaumburg. $27 plus a two-item purchase. (847) 240-2001 or chicago.improv.com. 8 and 10:15 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9; 7 and 9:15 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10; 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11
Williams Street Repertory commemorates Valentine's Day with a revival of A.R. Gurney's "Love Letters." Through letters, the two-hander chronicles the lifelong friendship and romance between an uptight man and a free-spirited woman. Robin M. Hughes, resident director at the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre in Arlington Heights, directs Shannon Mayhall and Frank Gaughan. 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 9-10, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at 26 N. Williams St., Crystal Lake. $15. (847) 356-9212 or rauecenter.org or wsrep.org.
Owens Room renovations
Alternative rock band Owens Room recently announced Friday's show will be Owens Room's last. But rest assured, the uplifting and warm-spirited DuPage-based band is not going anywhere. The trio is solidifying a new name and branding while experimenting with a different sound and some new recordings. You can get a taste when they play with THE WLDLFE, Hardcastle and Capital Soirée at Chicago's Beat Kitchen this weekend. Beat Kitchen, 2100 W. Belmont, Chicago. $10. (773) 281-4444 or beatkitchen.com. 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9
Friday Pilots, Ember Oceans at HVAC Pub
Caleb Hiltunen and Drew Polovick are pushing Friday Pilots Club's sound in new and interesting directions. The more recent recordings are heavy on the polish and enjoy a charming pop aesthetic while retaining the hallmark bluesy growl Caleb brings to the mic. (Do yourself a favor and check out "End of It" on Spotify.) Catch some of their new music and stage presentation when they play with Ember Oceans (who just might be bringing a new song to the stage as well), The Fundamental KiNk and Blaqrock in Wrigleyville this weekend. HVAC Pub, 3530 N. Clark St., Chicago. Free; ticket reservations available on Facebook.com. (773) 789-8864 or hvacpub.com. 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9
A variety of vendors sell sweet specialty treats during Chocolate Weekend on Saturday and Sunday at the Morton Arboretum, 4100 Route 53, Lisle. General admission: $14; $12 seniors; $9 kids ages 2-17. (630) 968-0074 or mortonarb.org. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 10 and 11
'Asia in Bloom'
More than 10,000 blooms of native and Asian orchids are featured in "Asia in Bloom: The Orchid Show." The special exhibit starts this weekend at the Chicago Botanic Garden, 1000 Lake-Cook Road, Glencoe. $12; $10 for kids and seniors; $25-$30 parking per car or van. (847) 835-5440 or chicagobotanic.org. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily (until 8 p.m. on Thursday) from Saturday, Feb. 10, through Sunday, March 25
See all of the latest vehicles, innovations and more at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show, which returns this weekend at McCormick Place, 2301 S. King Drive, Chicago. $13; $7 seniors and kids ages 7-12; free admission for kids 6 and under when accompanied by paying guardian. (312) 791-7000 or chicagoautoshow.com. 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, through Sunday, Feb. 18; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 19
The Travel & Adventure Show returns with speakers such as Rick Steves, Samantha Brown, Pauline Frommer and more this weekend at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Road, Rosemont. $15; $22 for two-day admission. (847) 692-2220 or travelshows.com/shows/chicago. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11
The Elgin Symphony Orchestra amasses choral forces and operatic singers to perform the Mozart Requiem and the Vivaldi Gloria this weekend at the Hemmens Cultural Center, 45 Symphony Way, Elgin. $30-$65; $10 students. (847) 888-4000 or elginsymphony.org. 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10; 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11
'Mr. Roboto' & more
Celebrate an Illinois homegrown rock star when former Styx frontman Dennis DeYoung ("Desert Moon," "Too Much Time on My Hands") performs in concert on Saturday at the Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. $45-$95. (847) 263-6300 or geneseetheatre.com. 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10
Relive rocking music of the 1960s and '70s when the Grass Roots, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap and The Cowsills share a concert bill on Sunday at the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $39-$79. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com. 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11
• D211 Teachers' Union 9th annual Battle of the Bands: 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at Rochaus, 98 W. Main St., West Dundee. $10. (815) 893-9768 or rochaus.com.
• 44th annual Carmel Street Scenes: 6:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 9 and 10, at Carmel Catholic High School, 1 Carmel Parkway, Mundelein. $20 in advance, $25 at the door; collectible drinkware add-ons available. Guests can venture from room to room for casino games, theater and musical entertainment from Gina Gonzalez and the Wingmen, Trident Deep, Who's Who and many more area musicians. Donations go to the school's operating expenses. See carmelstreetscenes.com for more information.
• Blackened, Fools Brew: 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at BaseCamp Pub, 5750 Lakeside Drive, Lisle. $5-$8. (331) 777-4712 or basecamppub.com.
• The Nick Bell Band: 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at Evanston Rocks, 1012 Church St., Evanston. $8. (847) 859-2021 or evanstonrocks.com.
• CHNNLL, The Bishop's Daredevil Stunt Club, The Daily Fare, Jeff and Mario: 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at Elbo Room, 2871 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $9-$10. (773) 549-5549 or elboroomlive.com.
• The Big Lagniappe: 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at BrauerHouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $7-$10. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
• The Cyberiam, Soulsharer: 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at Wire, 6815 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $12-$15. (708) 669-9473 or wireismusic.com.
• Velvet Jimis, Harry Hmura: 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at FitzGerald's, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $10. (708) 788-2118 or fitzgeraldsnightclub.com.
• 123 andres, Little Miss Ann Band: 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at 1st Ward at Chop Shop, 2033 W. North Ave, Chicago. $10; free for children younger than 1. (773) 537-4440 or chopshopchi.com.
• Mojo & the Bayou Gypsies: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at the McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage, 425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn. $48-$53. (630) 942-4000 or atthemac.org.
• Moon Taxi, Wilder: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Durty Nellie's, 180 N. Smith St., Palatine. $25. (847) 358-9150 or durtynellies.com.
• Dennis DeYoung: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. $45-$95. (847) 263-6300 or geneseetheatre.com.
• Lonesome Still: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at FitzGerald's SideBar, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $10 donation. (708) 788-2118 or fitzgeraldsnightclub.com.
• Boy Band Review: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. $5-$10. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Night Beats: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at the Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago. $31-$41. (773) 472-0449 or victheatre.com.
• Trick Shooter Social Club, Two Trouser Betty, ChinaRose, The Laughing Hearts: 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Silvie's Lounge, 1902 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago. $10. (773) 871-6239 or silvieslounge.com.
• Cash'd Out: 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at BrauerHouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $10-$14. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
• Two Friends, Milk N Cooks, Smiirk: 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Bottom Lounge, 1375 W. Lake St., Chicago. $10-$20. (312) 666-6775 or bottomlounge.com.
• Tunes With Tim: Noon Sunday, Feb. 11, at Beat Kitchen, 2100 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. $6-$7. (773) 281-4444 or beatkitchen.com.
• Grass Roots, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap and The Cowsills: 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $39-$79. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• New Day Rising, Stone The Crow, Bury the Shadows (formerly Best Kept Secret), A Story Unwritten, Bullet to the Heart, The Almas: 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at Bada Brew, 802 Theodore St., Crest Hill. $13. (815) 726-3401 or badabrewbooking.wixsite.com/venue.
• Soul Joke, New Age Americans, Fire the Cannon, The Local: 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at Wire, 6815 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $5. (708) 669-9473 or wireismusic.com.
• 10 Years, From Ashes To New, Dragonfly Red, Marwood's Fall: 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at Rochaus, 98 W. Main St., West Dundee. $20-$35. (815) 893-9768 or rochaus.com.
• Jay Farrar, Kevin Andrew Prchal: 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, at Old Town School of Folk Music's Gary and Laura Maurer Concert Hall, 4544 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $33-$35. (773) 728-6000 or oldtownschool.org.
• P.O.D., Islander, DED: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14, at Rochaus, 98 W. Main St., West Dundee. $20-$38. (815) 893-9768 or rochaus.com.
• MER's Music Showcase: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. Free. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• The Sea The Sea, Minor Moon: 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14, at The Hideout, 1354 W. Wabansia Ave., Chicago. $10. (773) 227-4433 or hideoutchicago.com.
• Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone with Gary Puckett & The Union Gap: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, at Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. $35-$75. (847) 263-6300 or geneseetheatre.com.
• Easton Corbin: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, at Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $39-$99. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• The Orphan, the Poet, Friday Pilots Club, The Burst and Bloom, Better Love: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, at Cobra Lounge, 235 N. Ashland Ave., Chicago. $10-$12. (312) 226-6300 or cobralounge.com.
• Dunn Dunn Fest: 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15; 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 16; and 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 17, at FitzGerald's, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $15 for Thursday, $20 each for Friday and Saturday; $40 three-day passes are available. (708) 788-2118 or dunndunnfest.com.
• Dylan Hankey & Brian Hoyt: 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. Free. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Information is provided by entertainment venues. Check with the venue before purchasing tickets. For more concert listings or to add an event, visit dailyherald.com/calendar.