Bel canto drama
Bellini's English Civil War-inspired opera "I Puritani" returns to the repertory of the Lyric Opera of Chicago for seven performances starting on Sunday at the Civic Opera House, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago. $34-$269. (312) 827-5600 or lyricopera.org. 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4
Screenings of the beloved 1993 film "Groundhog Day" are part of Groundhog Days this weekend at the Harold Ramis Auditorium at Classic Cinemas Woodstock Theatre, 209 Main St., Woodstock. No admission charge for the film. (815) 334-2620 or woodstockgroundhog.org. Film screenings at 10 a.m. through Sunday, Feb. 4; various times for other activities
The Metropolis Performing Arts Centre warms up winter with French playwright Marc Camoletti's 1962 farce "Boeing-Boeing," which centers on bachelor Bernard's attempts to simultaneously romance three flight attendants and prevent them from finding out about each other. He manages quite well until his American friend Robert arrives and a newer, faster airplane disrupts his carefully planned trysts. Joe Lehman directs Metropolis' revival of the comedy, which earned the 2008 Tony Award for best play revival. 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4, at 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights. Opens at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9. $35, $40. (847) 577-2121 or metropolisarts.com.
Laura Eason's controversial drama "Sex with Strangers," first staged in 2011 at Steppenwolf Theatre, returns in a new production at the Citadel Theatre, 300 S. Waukegan Road, Lake Forest. $37.50-$40. For mature audiences only. (847) 735-8554 or citadeltheatre.org. 3 p.m. Sundays; through Sunday, March 4
Big screen bowl
Join a big theater crowd to cheer on either the Philadelphia Eagles or the New England Patriots at the Super Bowl Party hosted on Sunday by the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. No admission charge; $3 food and domestic draft beer; $1 hot dogs for kids. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com. 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 4
• Dave Specter Band, Jimmy Johnson: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6, at FitzGerald's, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $10. (708) 788-2118 or fitzgeraldsnightclub.com.
• Michael Glabicki and Dirk Miller of Rusted Root: 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6, at S.P.A.C.E., 1245 Chicago Ave., Evanston. $15-$27. (847) 492-8860 or evanstonspace.com.
• MER's Music Showcase: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. Free. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Josh Bryant, Matt Tatum: 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8, at Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. Free. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Billy Don Burns, Liar's Trial: 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8, at BrauerHouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $10-$12. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
• Information is provided by entertainment venues. Check with the venue before purchasing tickets. For more concert listings or to add an event, visit dailyherald.com/calendar.