Facebook Twitter RSS LinkedIn YouTube
- A Community of Choice
- Wheeling's famed "Restaurant Row" evolved from a group of inns and taverns that sprang up in the 1830's to serve travelers stopping overnight between Chicago and the Wisconsin Territory.
- 42.131526, -87.929586
- Fort Dearborn Highlanders march in past Wheeling AMVETS hall flag for memorial service at Bocce Ball court. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Wheeling 4th of July festival and parade. Here Samantha Lopez,6, of Wheeling waves her flag as the wheeling parade goes by. Mark Welsh | Staff
- Danielle Mutchie, left, 9, of Union Grove and Kayla Spriegel, 9, of Wadsworth play in the mud at the Wheeling Park Districtís mud volleyball tournament at Heritage park Saturday. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- People line up to take a tour of the inside of a WWII era B-17 Flying Fortress at Palwaukee Airport in Wheeling. Mark Black | Staff
- The grounds of Millenium Park on the Northwest Corner of Dundee Rd and Milwaukee in Wheeling. Daniel White | Staff
- In honor of Black History Month, the multi-cultural Ebony Club of Wheeling High School, rehearses Wednesday for a show celebrating African-American heritage in the school's theater. This group calls themselves "Four Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide But Are Moving To The End Of Thier Own Rainbow." John Starks | Staff
- Left to right, Susan Arakawa-Ho, Shirley Karbin, Rene Brown and Karen Teitelbaum excercise during aquanastics class at Community Recreation Center in Wheeling. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Wheeling water tower for possible cover art. Bill Zars | Staff
- Wheeling fire department with its first fire truck alongside early fire wagon. Photo courtesy Wheeling Historical Society
- Early century view of Aug Pieper Blacksmith, Wheeling. Photo courtesy Wheeling Historical Society
- Henry Boehmer, first Wheeling Mayor. Photo courtesy Wheeling Historical Society
- Wheeling Amvets memorial day parade Post 66. Vietnam veteran Robert Blocks marches into the parade. Mark Welsh | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Buffalo Grove High School
- 1100 W. Dundee Rd.
Buffalo Grove, Il 60089
- Navy Blue/Burnt Orange/White
- John Hersey High School
- 1900 E. Thomas St.
Arlington Heights, Il 60004-4392
- Wheeling High School
- 900 S. Elmhurst Rd.
Wheeling, Il 60090
- Royal Blue/Athletic Gold/White
- Indian Trails Public Library District
- (847) 459-4100
- 355 S. Schoenbeck Road
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
- Prospect Heights Public Library District
- (847) 259-3500
- 12 N. Elm St.
Prospect Heights, Illinois 60070
- Vernon Area Public Library
- (847) 634-3650
- 300 Olde Half Day Road
Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069
Daily Herald Communities
- Jorge Torres
- Olympic middle-distance runner; Wheeling High School graduate.
- Team USA track & field website