- Water Spirit Wonder
- One of the earliest stagecoach routes in this area was from Wauconda to Janesville, Wis. In the mid-1850s.
- 42.26691, -88.142657
- A fisherman takes advantage of the calm waters and cool morning temperatures on Bangs Lake in Wauconda. Paul Valade | Staff
- A Wauconda High School varsity basketball game. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- A "Mighty Mastodons of the Ice Age" display at the Lake County Discovery Museum near Wauconda. Paul Valade | Staff
- Steer Wrestling events at the annual Wauconda Rodeo. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Federal troops display a bayonet chrage during an intense Civil War battle at the Lakewood Forest Preserve near Wauconda. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Classic car show during Wauconda Fest Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Wauconda High School graduation at the school. Paul Valade | Staff
- Cook Park's skate park in Wauconda. Paul Valade | Staff
- Downtown Wauconda. John Starks | Staff
- Wauconda Rodeo in Wauconda. Daily Herald Staff Photo
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Wauconda Park District
Daily Herald Communities
- Lake County
- Brent Sherman
- Stock car driver who has competed in the ARCA RE/MAX, NASCAR Busch and NASCAR Nextel Cup series and open wheel cars n the Firestone Indy Lights series.
- Brent Sherman's website
- Dr. Manhattan
- Alternative rock band formed by four students at Wauconda High School in 2005; has recorded for Vagrant Records and Cassette Deck.
- Dr. Manhattan's website
- Justus Bangs
- Founded the village in 1836 after building his house at the edge of the lake that bears his name. Is said to have named the town after a Native American character in a book.
- Lake County Discovery Musem