Facebook Twitter RSS LinkedIn YouTube
- The water tower in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is behind behind the Northbrook Village Hall (minus the slogan "Save Ferris.").
- 42.129226, -87.840715
- B.J. Holm trips the switch to explode hydrogen gas as Lab Manager Chris Jones watches when the students from Tripp Elementary School visited the lab at Underwriters Laboratories in Northbrook. Bill Zars | Staff
- Allstate CEO Edward Liddy standing alongside a 1930 Studebaker, the actual first car insured by Allstate. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Allstate sign celebrating 75 years. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Chef du jour, Giovanni Diotaiuti the Executive Chef at Beccod’oro in Northbrook Court Shopping Center in Northbrook holds a Risotto with Lobster, Shrimp, Strawberries and a Cheese Basket. Mark Black | Staff
Glenbrook North vs Glenbrook South boys basketball in the sectional championship game.
Glenbrook North's #23 Jonathan Scheyer (left) and #44 Zach Kelly carry the game winning trophy towards the fans after the game. Mark Welsh | Staff
- Hero Jerry Genich and Blake Harmon meeting for the first time at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago in Northbrook. Blake watches Jerry give a tearful hug to Blake's mom Kim Harmon. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Traffic sails through the toll plaza at the Edens Spur near Northbrook early Tuesday morning. Today was the first real test for the IPass system and the doubling of toll prices for cash users. Vince Pierri | Staff
- U.S. Rep. Mark Kirk watches the Angel Drill Team of North Chicago perform during an event to hand out tickets to the presidential Inauguration at his office in Northbrook Friday morning. The Angel Drill Team will perform at the inaugural parade next Tuesday. Steve Lundy | Staff
- Looking east from the gazebo at Meadow Ridge you see the Divine Word International Conference Center across Waukegan Road in Northbrook. George LeClaire | Staff
- Naturalist from the Forest Preserve District of Cook County talks about turtles in the turtle pond at the River Trails Nature Center. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Daily Herald writer Dave Orrick falls in his first attempt to learn the sport of curling at the Chicago Curling Club in Northbrook Wednesday. John Starks | Staff
- Front colonnade designed by Orren Pickell Designers and Buildiers in Northbrook. Mark Welsh | Staff
- Bridgette Baggio of Prospect Heights holds a rack of bocce balls with a bottle of 2005 Nappa Valley Quintessa at Pinstripes in Northbrook at Willow and Waukegan. Baggio is a waitress at the bowling, bocce, and bistro. Both locations in Northbrook and South Barrington have wine dinners and tastings five times a year. George LeClaire | Staff
- Todd Fishbein, left, and Brian Hoffman of Red Seal Homes stand outside their Northbrook development. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Nicole Cardi, left, gives a makeover to Christine Burton of Chicago at Reflect True Custom Beauty Supply, Northbrook Court. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Dr. Tom Chapin explaining a non-compliant mattress fire. Fires set in name of safety at Underwriters Laboratories. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Lieutenant Commander Roy Gibson, shown here in his dress uniform at home in Northbrook, will leave for Washington, D.C. for the dedication of the new World War II memorial. Kate Dougherty | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbrook North High School
- 2300 Shermer Rd.
Northbrook, Il 60062
- Dark Green/Gold
- Glenbrook South High School
- 4000 W. Lake Av.
Glenview, Il 60026
Sorry, there are no libraries
- Glenbrook High School District 225 (High school)
- New Trier Twp High School District 203 (High school)
- Northbrook District 27 (Elementary)
- Northbrook District 28 (Elementary)
- Northbrook/Glenview District 30 (Elementary)
- West Northfield District 31 (Elementary)
Daily Herald Communities
- Doug Rader
- MLB manager of the Angels, Rangers and White Sox; Gold Glove-winning third baseman.
- Baseball Reference website
- John Hughes
- Filmmakers who made "National Lampoon's Vacation," "Sixteen Candles" and many other films iconic of the 1980s, and that almost always used the North Shore as a backdrop.
- Jon Scheyer
- Duke University basketball player who helped lead team to the 2010 NCAA title and who helped lead Glenbrook North to a state championship his junior year.
- Duke University Athletics
- Steve Bartman
- Chicago Cubs fan notorious for being involved in the interference of a fly ball at Wrigley Field on Oct. 14, 2003.