- Where Friendliness is a Way of Life
- When Randhurst shopping center was completed in 1962 it was the largest enclosed, air-conditioned space in America. It also had a bomb shelter underneath that was meant to be large enough to house the entire population of Mount Prospect.
- 42.065427, -87.936217
- Frank Campise of Mt. Prospect with dahlias in his garden. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Manager Mary Kate Kelly dishing up some Guinness ice cream at Capannari's Ice Cream in Mount Prospect. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- After a temperature plunge of 12 degrees during the previous hour, Laura Canonaco of Mt. Prospect braces her umbrella against the wind and rain while walking on the Mt. Prospect Metra platform Tuesday afternoon. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Caroline Vegter, 7, gets her family's attention during the Mt. Prospect Lions Village Fair at Melas Park. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Mount Prospect Veterans, of VFW Post 1337 marched on Emerson St. to the Veterans' Memorial Band Shell at Lion Park as part of Memorial Day events on Monday. Woo Chan Joo | Staff
- Brad Snell helps his son Erik, 4 fly a kite at Melas Park in Mt. Prospect. Mark Black | Staff
- Kailan Gogerty, 3, of Mt. Prospect waves her flag as light rain begins to fall during the Mt. Prospect Fourth of July parade, Saturday. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Mount Prospect Jaycees annual Memorial Day weekend carnival opens Wednesday. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Joe Cesario, an electrician with Meade Electric Co., paints the mast arm and support brackets of a stop light at the intersection of Mt. Prospect Road and Central Road, Mt. Prospect, Wednesday. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Peter Gillogly, 8, snowboards at Fairview School in Mount Prospect as Tim Gillogy, 13, left and Izzy Fast,13, look on. Bill Zars | Staff
- Tom Johnson of Mount Prospect American Legion Post 525 holds the American flag prays during the Veterans Day ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Band Shell at Lions Park in Mount Prospect. Gilbert R. Boucher II | Staff
- The Mt. Prospect water tower will be undergoing a renovation. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Prospect High School held its graduation ceremony for the Class of 2009 at the school on Sunday, June 7, 2009. Paul Valade | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Elk Grove High School
- 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd.
Elk Grove Village, Il 60007
- Forest Green/New Gold
- Prospect High School
- 801 W. Kensington Rd.
Mount Prospect, Il 60056
- Navy Blue/Columbia Blue
- Wheeling High School
- 900 S. Elmhurst Rd.
Wheeling, Il 60090
- Royal Blue/Athletic Gold/White
- Arlington Heights District 25 (Elementary)
- Elk Grove Township District 59 (Elementary)
- Mount Prospect District 57 (Elementary)
- Northwest Suburban Dist. 214 (High school)
- Prospect Heights District 23 (Elementary)
- River Trails District 26 (Elementary)
- Wheeling Township District 21 (Elementary)
Daily Herald Communities
- Cook County
- Bruce Boxleitner
- TV, movie actor who starred in "Scarecrow and Mrs. King" and "Babylon 5". Author of two science fiction novels. Graduate of Prospect High School.
- Dave Kingman
- Colorful MLB slugger lived in Mount Prospect and played for the Cubs, one of 7 teams he played for in the 70s and 80s.
- Dave Kingman's website
- Ian Brennan
- Prospect High School grad and creator of "GLEE" series on Fox.
- Ian Brennan's personal website
- Lee DeWyze
- Musician and winner of the ninth season of "American Idol."
- Lee DeWyze website
- Terry Moran
- Co-anchor of "Nightline" on ABC, former ABC White House correspondent.