Facebook Twitter RSS LinkedIn YouTube
- Mettawa is named for the chief of a Native American tribe that lived near the village's southwestern border in the 1830s.
- 60045, 60048
- 42.243972, -87.917909
- Stevenson High School work at the Adlai Stevenson House in Mettawa. John Starks | Staff
- The stables at the former home of Adlai E. Stevenson home in Mettawa. Mark Black | Staff
- An Eagle Scout plants 25 spruce trees in Mettawa. Mark Black | Staff
- Equestrian Connection near Mettawa. Paul Valade | Staff
- Mettawa is home to the North American headquarters for HSBC. Paul Valade | Staff
- The Adlai E. Stevenson house in Mettawa. Vince Pierri | Staff
- Taste of Serbia festival at St. Basil of Ostrog Serbian Orthodox Church in Mettawa. Mark Black | Staff
- Members of the Lake County Forest Preserve's Youth Conservation Corps build a railing around the handicapped accessible fishing pier at Wright Woods Forest Preserve near Mettawa. Paul Valade | Staff
- Lake County Forest Preserve's Youth Conservation Corps crew members build a handicapped accessible fishing pier and seawall at Wright Woods Forest Preserve near Mettawa. Paul Valade | Staff
- Cheryl Pytlarz of Mettawa made a table from her 150-year-old swamp oak tree. Steve Lundy | Staff
- Tours of the historic Adlai Stevenson II former home in Mettawa. Vince Pierri | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Sorry, there are no libraries
Daily Herald Communities
- Lake County
- Adlai E. Stevenson II
- Illinois governor, two-time U.S. presidential candidate.
- Bill Kurtis
- Longtime newscaster, documentarian.
- Biography website
- Bob Collins
- Popular WGN Radio host; died in plane crash in 2000.
- Brian Urlacher
- Chicago Bears linebacker.
- Chicago Bears website