- There are actually four lakes in Lake in the Hills: Woods Creek Lake, Goose Lake, Willow Lake and Lake Scott.
- 60102, 60156
- 42.186729, -88.347429
- Led by a police escort and trustees Stephen Harlfinger, left, and Tom Pavelko, a group of walkers heads up Hilltop Road in Lake in the Hills on their way to Sunset Park Tuesday evening. The walk is part of the National Night Out Against Crime, and took walkers approximately 5 miles across town. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- The Big Sky and Star Summit subdivisions in Lake in the Hills are particularly representative of the growth the village has experienced in the last decade. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Lake in the Hills historic Hain House. George LeClaire | Staff
- Chris Panzl completes a loop during the Lake in the Hills Air Expo 2002, in his 1997 Staudacher S-300D. Chris was 1996 IAC Advanced Champion. From MI. George LeClaire | Staff
- Brian Hoff on the Seedspitter team lauch a watermelon at the melon propellin' contest at Sunset Park during Sunset fest in Lake in the Hills. George LeClaire | Staff
- The new Lake In The Hills village hall is open for business. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- The Kreutzer property, century old buildings in lake in the Hills. Buildings will be disassembled and shipped to Cambodia for Warm Blankets International. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Skate boarder Sean Kelley age 14 of Lake in the Hills uses the skate park in Lake in the Hills' Sunset Park. Mark Black | Staff
- At 6:30 Sunday morning, the first wave of triathletes splashes into Woods Creek Lake to start the first-ever Lake in the Hills triathlon. John Starks | Staff
- John Perron of the McHenry County Historical Societ talks on camera about how the original settlers in the area built their barns during a documentary taping at the old Kreutzer farm in Lake in the Hills Wednesday. Shooting the piece is Harold Rail of Woodstock. Daily Herald Staff Photo
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Crystal Lake South High School
- 1200 S. McHenry Av.
Crystal Lake, Il 60014
- Harry D. Jacobs High School
- 2601 Bunker Hill Dr.
Algonquin, Il 60102
- Golden Eagles
- Huntley High School
- 13719 Harmony Rd.
Huntley, Il 60142
- Red Raiders
- Lake in the Hills Parks and Recreation Department
Daily Herald Communities
- McHenry County