Breaking News Bar
posted: 3/8/2018 7:00 AM

Raiders won't bring long snapper Jon Condo back in 2018

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders long snapper Jon Condo says the team has told him he won't return in 2018.

Condo said on his Twitter account Wednesday that the Raiders told his agent he won't be back when he becomes a free agent next week.

Condo was initially signed to Oakland's practice squad in 2006 and became the team's long snapper the following season. He played 173 of 176 games over 11 years with the Raiders.

Oakland had signed two long snappers to futures contracts earlier this offseason, Andrew East and Bradley Northnagel.

The Raiders previously announced that kicker Sebastian Janikowski won't be back next year, meaning there will be no players remaining who were acquired before longtime owner Al Davis died in October 2011.

___

More AP NFL: pro32.ap.org and twitter.com/AP_NFL

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.