• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 5 and 5:30 p.m. Oct. 8 out of an unlocked 2016 Honda Odyssey on the 500 block of South Yale. The wallet contained cash, credit cards, driver's license, and blank checks.
• Thieves broke into a locked locker between 8:15 and 11:15 p.m. Oct. 6 at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, and stole a watch, cash, credit cards and a driver's license. During the same time and in the same locker room, thieves broke into a locked locker and stole a wallet with cash, credit cards and a driver's license. The victim's credit cards were used at an area store.
• Vandals broke a concrete sundial and flower pot between Sept. 14 and Oct. 10 on the 500 block of West Eastman. Damage was estimated at $200.
• A man grabbed a victim's arms and punched the victim in the chest around 8:57 p.m. Oct. 10 at Golf Liquors, 606 E. Golf Road. He was described as a white male, 30 years old, 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, muscular, brown hair, tattoos on his right upper arm and forearm, and wearing a light blue T-shirt and jeans.
• Thieves stole an unlocked pink and black mountain bike around 6:29 p.m. Sept. 28 from a bike rack at Tripp Elementary School, 850 Highland Grove Drive. Value was estimated at $120.
• Fictitious checks totaling $19,407 were deposited against payroll accounts held by Advanced Security Solutions between April 20 and Oct. 4. Offenders created 11 fictitious company checks that were deposited against one account. The company closed that bank account and opened another, where the fraudulent activity continued and six more fictitious checks were deposited, according to the police report.
• Burglars stole a garage door opener between 7:30 and 8:15 a.m. Oct. 4 out of an unlocked BMW sedan in a parking garage on the 1400 block of Jefferson.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 1 and 8 a.m. Oct. 4 out of an unlocked Honda Accord in an open garage on the 300 block of Western Avenue. The wallet contained a driver's license, credit cards, bank debit cards, insurance and medical cards and $100.
• Offenders placed a small skimming device inside an ATM card reader between 12:30 and 8:21 p.m. Oct. 4 at First Midwest Bank, 749 Lee St. Customers complained that the ATM was not reading their cards.
Elk Grove Village
• Robert Randall, 59, of the 2300 block of West Monroe Street, Chicago, was arrested around 8:50 p.m. Oct. 1 at 1601 Oakton St. and charged with unlawful use of a weapon. Court date is Oct. 27.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between 12:01 and 9 a.m. Sept. 27 from a 2001 Honda Accord in an apartment lot on the 900 block of Charlela Lane. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves stole a leaf blower, weed trimmer, hedge trimmer, and chain saw around 9:46 a.m. Sept. 30 out of a landscape trailer on the 2000 block of Busse Road. Value was estimated at $2,550.
• Michael S. Bellinger, 42, of the 200 block of South Park Lane, Palatine, was arrested on the 1200 block of Court and charged with criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, battery and resisting.
• Burglars stole a cellphone between 3 and 4:30 p.m. Sept. 22 out of a 2003 Honda CR-V at Melas Park, 1500 W. Central Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Burglars stole the dashboard radio between 12:30 and 8:30 a.m. Sept. 27 out of a 2003 Infiniti G35 in a lot on the 1000 block of South Tamarack Drive. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars broke a basement door window at a home on the 0-100 block of East Sunset Road between 1:30 and 5:50 p.m. Sept. 30, ransacked bedrooms and a basement office, and stole $900. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole a radar detector, car jumper, dashcam video camera, prescription medications and cash between 7:30 and 7:51 p.m. Sept. 25 out of an unlocked 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT in a store lot at 1046 S. Elmhurst Road. Value was estimated at $325.
• Burglars forced open the front door between 3:30 and 8:45 p.m. Sept. 22 at a home on the 1100 block of South Oakwood, ransacked bedrooms and stole a safe containing a 9 mm semiautomatic hand gun and two ammunition magazines. Value was estimated at $600.
• Burglars stole a wallet with cards, two New York driver's licenses, and cash between 3 and 4:38 p.m. Sept. 17 out of an unlocked 2003 Toyota Camry in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of West Sable Lane. Value was estimated at $120.
• Burglars entered an apartment through a sliding patio door between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sept. 27 on the 0-100 block of Dundee Quarter and stole several pieces of jewelry out of two bedrooms. Value was estimated at $1,610.
• Christopher Matthews, 37, homeless, was arrested around 7:31 a.m. Oct. 4 on the 1000 block of South Park Boulevard and charged with disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. The report said he tried to break into a home with a "vacant" sign on a front window.