The League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area will host five candidate forums before the consolidated election on April 4.
• On Saturday, March 4, a moderated candidate forum for Elgin Community College board and Gail Borden Public Library board will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. at the library, 270 N. Grove Ave. in Elgin.
The candidates for three seats on the Elgin Community College District 509 board (Candace McCreary, Jennifer Rakow, John Duffy, Roger Maxwell Ramey, and Shane Nowak). The candidates for three seats on the Gail Borden Public Library District board (Amanda J. Garcia, Elizabeth "Beth" Kruger, Patricia Harkin, Randy Hopp, Susan N. Moylan and Tiffany L. Henderson).
The Rutland-Dundee Township Committee of the League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area will host three candidate forums March 7-9.
• On Tuesday, March 7, the candidate forum will be at 7 p.m. in the East Dundee Village Hall, 120 Barrington Ave. The candidates for three seats on the East Dundee Village Board are: Dan Selep, Cindy Comstock, Scott A. Andresen, Kirsten Wood Carfagnini, and Robert Gorman. The public is welcome. For information call Carol Grom at (847) 428-4064.
• The candidate forum for Carpentersville Village President and Carpentersville Village Board will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, March 8, at the village hall, 1200 L.W. Besinger Drive. They have invited the candidates running for village president (Edward M. Ritter and John M. Skillman) and the candidates for three seats on the village board (Virginia J. Stephens, Kevin Rehberg, Patricia Schultz and Diane Lawrence).
• The candidate forum for Rutland Township Supervisor, Rutland Township Road Commissioner, Rutland Township Assessor, Rutland Township Clerk, and Rutland Township trustees will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, March 9, at Eagle's Club, 325 Raymond St. in Gilberts.
Candidates for the following contested races have been invited to participate: Rutland Township Supervisor (Margaret Sanders and Elden Brauer); Rutland Township Road Commissioner (Howard Jay Schultz and Wayne Kaschub); Rutland Township Assessor (Janet Siers and Gary Fritz); and Rutland Township Clerk (Kathleen Rendl and Arnold J. Klehm). Candidates also are running for four seats on the Rutland Township board (Charleen D. Carlsen, John Payson, Nicholas Hoffman, Thomas Ray Eaton, Steven Schuldt, Frederick W. Bulmahn and Victor C. Keegan).
• It will conclude with a candidate forum for the Elgin City Council and Elgin Area School District U-46 board from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday, March 16, at Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N. Grove Ave.
Candidates for the following contested race has been invited to participate: four, 4-year seats on the Elgin City Council (Brandon Yaniz, Brenda Rodgers, Carol Rauschenberger, Corey Dixon, John Prigge, Rich Dunne, and Terry Gavin), and for three, 4-year terms on Elgin Area School District U-46 (Cody Holt, Donna Smith, Enoch Essendrop, Melissa Owens, Tracy Smodilla, and Veronica Noland).
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan, issue-oriented political organization that holds voter education as a primary mission. This is why the League sponsors forums such as this. They do not endorse or recommend candidates for office and they are neutral with regard to the candidates who are the focus of this forum.
Audience questions will be written and collected by League members. Questions are to address issues, not personalities. The League reserves the right to screen questions.