• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• A bicycle rider stole a signal tester meter, drill, volt meter and various wrenches around 10:54 a.m. Aug. 7 at Kennicott and Happfield. He was described as a white or Hispanic male wearing a black jacket and baseball cap. Value was estimated at $5,430.
• A security agent saw two men take food valued in the hundreds of dollars between 9 and 9:20 p.m. Aug. 6 from Jewel, 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road, and cigarettes valued at $40 from Mobil gas station, 1880 S. Arlington Heights Road. The first offender was described as a thin white male in his early 20s, wearing a gray baseball cap, red shirt with "Family" on it, gray baggy shorts and black gym shoes. The second shoplifter is described as a medium built white male with brown hair and a short beard, wearing a light blue V-neck shirt, black shorts and black gym shoes.
• Burglars entered an unlocked 2004 Dodge Durango between 11 p.m. Aug. 13 and 8 a.m. Aug. 14 on the 900 block of North Douglas, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $150 between 9 p.m. Aug. 11 and 9 a.m. Aug. 12 out of a 2005 Chrysler 300 on the 900 block of South McKinley.
• Burglars broke into a home between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Aug. 12 on the 1000 block of East Orchard and stole jewelry, money and clothing.
• Burglars broke into a Nike base building on the 1500 block of West Central Road between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 11 and 1 p.m. Aug. 12 and stole undisclosed items.
• A vandal drove over fresh sod between 6 p.m. Aug. 12 and 7 a.m. Aug. 13 at a home on the 800 block of North Ridge. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between 2 and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at Pioneer Park, 500 S. Fernandez.
• A man was seen taking an orange lawn mower with purple paint sprayed on the front left wheel between 12:26 and 1 p.m. Aug. 12 on the 800 block of East Central Road.
• Thieves stole a locked gray 10-speed mountain bike between 5 p.m. Aug. 10 and 7 a.m. Aug. 11 on the 300 block of North Salem.
• Vandals damaged a white 2006 Nissan Sentra with green spray paint and pried open the gas refill door at Pinetree Valley streets between 9:15 and 10:30 a.m. Aug. 7. The cost to repair the damage is unknown.
• A motorist damaged the windshield on a 2013 Honda Accord around 7:15 p.m. Aug. 7 at Northwest Highway and Wilke during a traffic altercation. The offender drove away in a brown full-size van. He was described as a white male with a goatee mustache.
• Burglars broke the kitchen door window between noon and 6 p.m. Aug. 6 at a home on the 2500 block of South Parkwood Lane and stole three laptop computers, an iPad, cash, gold earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and a purse. Value was estimated at $17,000.
• Burglars pried a door between 8 and 9:55 p.m. Aug. 9 on the 1500 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue and stole two gold necklaces, three passports, a green card, two social security cards and women's clothing. Value was estimated at $4,400.
• Thieves stole a diamond ring secured to a wrist watch between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Aug. 5 near the front door at a home on the 2000 block of South Cedar Street. Value was estimated at $2,600.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $300 between 9 p.m. Aug. 10 and 8 a.m. Aug. 11 out of an unlocked Ford in a driveway on the 800 block of South Arnold Court. During the same time, burglars stole two sets of golf clubs valued at $500 out of an unlocked Volkswagen in a driveway on the 900 block of Arnold Court. Burglars also entered an unlocked Honda on the 900 block of Arnold Court, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Burglars entered seven unlocked vehicles overnight Aug. 7-8 on the 800 and 900 blocks of East Greenview Avenue and 1000 block of East Woodlawn Avenue and stole cash, and CDs. Loss was estimated at $600. Burglars entered a Dodge between 2 p.m. Aug. 8 and 9 a.m. Aug. 9 on the 1000 block of East Greenview Avenue and stole a designer purse, cash, debit card, passport, and work ID. Value was estimated at $125.
• Gerald Kenard, 51, of the 4800 block of West Irving Park Road, Chicago, was arrested around 2:45 a.m. Aug. 9 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery. His court date is Aug. 29.
• Victor M. Herrera-Figueroa, 45, of the 600 block of West Beau Court, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. Aug. 9 at his home and charged with aggravated assault and disorderly conduct. His court date is Aug. 29.
• Thieves stole a green 2001 Chevrolet 3500 dump truck around 3:30 p.m. Aug. 6 on the 1200 block of East Golf Road.
• Vandals broke the top half of a wooden school sign between 4 p.m. Aug. 8 and 7:22 a.m. Aug. 11 at Forest Elementary School, 1375 S. Fifth Ave. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a boys' blue and black bicycle and a girls' blue and pink bicycle parked unlocked outside a store at 1155 E. Oakton St. Value was estimated at $230.
• Thieves stole an unlocked boys' dark blue mountain bike between 11:30 a.m. and 2:40 p.m. Aug. 6 in the library's parking garage, 1501 E. Ellinwood St. Value was estimated at $218.
• Thieves stole a red and white 2008 Wells Cargo trailer between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 and 6 a.m. Aug. 6 out of a construction lot at 1801 Elmhurst Road.
• Troy Adams, 43, of the 500 block of North Leamington Street, Chicago, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. July 18 at the courthouse, 2121 Euclid Ave., Rolling Meadows, and charged with felony unlawful use of a credit card. Reports said a security agent at Walmart in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, saw him use a stolen credit card around 4:23 p.m. Feb. 21 to purchase a TV valued at $523. He left and fled in a vehicle. According to the owner of the credit card, it was taken out of his wallet in a men's locker room at LA Fitness in Mount Prospect Plaza between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Feb. 21. A photo from a Walmart security camera was sent to surrounding police departments and a detective in Oak Brook recognized Adams because the detective was investigating Adams for locker thefts in other LA Fitness centers. The security agent identified Adams in a photo lineup.
• Burglars stole eight drills, compressor and handsaw between 7 p.m. July 22 and 6 a.m. July 23 out of a 2004 Chevrolet Express van in a lot on the 1500 block of Cottonwood Drive. Value was estimated at $3,500.
• Thieves stole $22 between 12:45 and 1:30 p.m. July 22 out of a wallet in a purse on the pool deck at the Mount Prospect Park District wave pool, 411 S. Maple St. On July 29 between 1 and 3:20 p.m. thieves stole cash and a men's watch from items left on the pool deck. Value was estimated at $110.
• Thieves stole a shoulder bag with a Metra monthly train pass, gold chain with topaz pendant, and cash around 8:15 a.m. July 22 out of an employee locker room at CVS Caremark, 1780 Wall St. Value was estimated at $310.
• Burglars stole a black duffel bag with computer tablet and headphones between July 19 and 21 out of a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu in an apartment lot on the 1800 block of West Palm. Value was estimated at $700.
• Thieves stole a roof bike rack between 7 p.m. July 27 and 3 p.m. July 28 from a 2000 Acura TL in an apartment lot on the 1400 block of Elmhurst Road. Value was estimated at $500.
• Juana Vega, 54, of the 3000 block of Prairie Street, Franklin Park, was arrested around 5 p.m. July 14 at Kohl's, 1500 E. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft and obstructing ID after a security agent saw her take children's clothes, a pair of women's pants, and a cook set. She gave an officer a false name and birth date. Value was estimated at $359. Her court date is Aug. 19.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Toyota Sequoia between 11 p.m. July 21 and 8 a.m. July 22 at a home on the 1100 block of West Lonnquist Boulevard and stole a satellite radio. Loss was estimated at $300.
• A woman moving from the 600 block to the 800 block of McHenry Road told police her full-length black mink coat and 3/4-length sheared beaver coat were stolen while in the moving van between 10 a.m. Aug. 5 and noon Aug. 7. Value was estimated at $14,000.
• Vandals punctured tires on 13 vehicles overnight Aug. 9-10 in a condominium lot on the 1100 block of Pleasant Run Drive.
• Burglars stole aftermarket stereos, speakers, amplifiers and hand tools overnight Aug. 9-10 out of five vehicles in the Dunhurst subdivision.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer in a driveway on the 300 block of East Wayne Place and tried but failed to remove an in-dash DVD with touch screen. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole speakers, amplifier, stereo, hand tools and jumper cables out of an unlocked 1994 Toyota Camry on the 500 block of Audrey Court. Value was estimated at $440.
• Burglars broke an aftermarket tinted window and stole a stereo and speakers out of a 2001 Dodge Durango. Loss was estimated at $1,400.
• Burglars stole subwoofers valued at $300 out of an unlocked 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the 600 block of Linda Terrace.
• Burglars stole speakers, amplifier, and tools out of an unlocked 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer on the 500 block of Isa Drive and damaged the steering column and framing around the in-dash stereo. Loss was estimated at $1,150.
• Thieves stole a boys' black BMX bicycle, with a white "K" on the front and red rims, between 4 and 7 p.m. Aug. 10 locked in a bike rack at the Wheeling Park District Aquatic Center, 327 W. Dundee Road. The lock was left attached to the rack. Value was estimated at $300.