• Joseph E. Spears, 48, of the 0S800 block of Spring Green Way, Batavia, was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty at 11:30 p.m. Sunday at his residence, according to a sheriff's report. Spears is accused of throwing a dog against a wall and TV during a domestic dispute, police said.
• A resident of the 3N800 block of Hawthorn Drive near St. Charles reported at noon Aug. 7 to authorities that $4,500 was withdrawn from her checking account at a Grand Rapids, Mich., bank by a person who used a fake identification and signed a withdrawal form almost exactly like the victim's signature, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone struck and damaged a mailbox on the 38W300 block of Oakwood Drive near St. Charles between 10 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday. The mailbox also was damaged Aug. 2.
• Two people were charged at 4 p.m. Aug. 7 with stealing $135 worth of clothing and jewelry from Old Navy, 1572 S. Randall Road. Those charged are Dawn M. Retterer, 27, of the 700 block of Tinley Drive, Aurora, and Ashley L. Schopp, 27, of the 1100 block of Elliot Avenue, Aurora, according to a police report.
• A child's green and black tricycle was stolen from the commons area outside an apartment building between 10 p.m. Aug. 5 and 8 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 700 block of East State Street.
• Someone dismantled a picnic table, damaging the screws and mounting bracket for the legs, between 9 a.m. Sunday and 8:30 a.m. Monday at Esping Park, 237 Briar Lane. All other tables in the park had been overturned, police said.
• Molly K. LeGrand, 18, of the 400 block of Bluegrass Lane, Geneva, was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 7:32 p.m. Saturday at Fisher Drive and Larsdotter Lane, according to a police report.