The Bartlett Public Library marks the month of September with its second annual community reading event, Bartlett Reads, featuring "Divergent" by Veronica Roth.
The library will kick off Bartlett Reads by giving away 25 copies of the popular novel. Stop by the Reference Desk, starting Tuesday, Sept. 2, to pick up a copy -- one per person while supplies last. There will also be a showing of the movie, "Divergent," at 11 a.m. Sept. 2 in the library's meeting room.
Contact information ( * required )
A number of book discussions and programs developed around the "Divergent" theme have been scheduled throughout the month to encourage community support, discussion and interaction. Unless otherwise noted, all programs are held at the Bartlett Public Library at 800 S. Bartlett Road.
• Evening Divergent Book Discussion: 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4
• Geocaching: 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, registration required.
• Chicago Architecture Highlights: 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7.
• What Color Is Your Brain?: 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11, registration required.
• Volunteering 101: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16.
• Book Lite Divergent Book Discussion: 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18, at Tipsi Monkey, located at 778 W. Bartlett Road
• Self-Defense Workshop; Dare to be Dauntless: 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20, space is limited, registration required.
• The Essential Great Chicago Fire: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 23.
• Adult Divergent Book Discussion: 12:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 26.
To make this truly a community-reads project, the public is encouraged to read and discuss "Divergent" in book clubs and in discussion groups.
Visit www.bartlettlibrary.org or call the Reference Desk at (630) 837-3560 for information or to register for programs being held in conjunction with "Bartlett Reads."
The Bartlett Public Library District, 800 S. Bartlett Road, provides programs and services to meet the needs of the community. For information and a complete listing of scheduled programs, call (630) 837-2855 or visit www.bartlettlibrary.org.