Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/30/2014 8:55 AM

Chicago teen charged as adult in shooting of 16-year-old

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

A Chicago teenager charged as an adult has been ordered held without bond in the fatal shooting last month of another teen who was watching television at home.

A Cook County judge on Tuesday called 15-year-old Rasaan Price "a danger to society" after prosecutors explained how he allegedly fired a shot through a bedroom window, killing 16-year-old Darren Foggey. Assistant State's Attorney Colleen Rogers said Foggey was with friends watching television in his bedroom on June 23, when Price allegedly fired a shot through the first-floor window.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Rogers says multiple witnesses have identified Price as the gunman, and portions of the attack were recorded by surveillance cameras at a nearby business.

Price's public defender said the teen lives with his mother and played on his high school's basketball team.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here