• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals broke a handrail July 22 on the 900 block of West Stearns Road. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a GPS antenna July 21 from a utility box for the DU-COMM radio system at Berteau and Oneida. Value was estimated at $300.
• Jovan Litzey, 18, of the 400 block of Cromwell, Bartlett, and Chantel Delgado, 18, of the 300 block of South State, Elgin, were arrested around 12:36 a.m. July 23 at Catalina and Court F and charged with disturbance/fighting.
• Vandals slashed the tires on 10 vehicles around 3 a.m. July 22 on the 1100 block of Court B.
• Pierre J. McClain, 28, of the 1700 block of Ontarioville, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:58 p.m. July 20 at Church and Laurel and charged with possession of marijuana and driving with license suspended.
•Burglars entered a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox between 5 p.m. July 17 and 7 a.m. July 18 on the 1100 block of Silver Pine Drive. It was not clear if anything was missing.
• Burglars broke the padlock on an apartment storage unit between July 7 and 21 on the 1800 block of Bonnie Lane.
• Vandals smashed a window between 10:30 p.m. July 17 and 7:35 a.m. July 18 on a 2012 Nissan Altima on the 700 block of Bode Circle.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. July 22 from a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier in a lot at 2000 W. AT&T Center Drive. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars stole a digital camera between 7 and 11:55 p.m. July 16 out of a 2012 Hyundai Sonata in a driveway on the 1900 block of Crescent Court. Loss was estimated at $236.
• Wilfredo Torres, 50, of the 1000 block of Emerald Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. July 10 at his home and charged with simple battery after an incident at Target, 1235 E. Higgins Road. A female employee, sitting on a bench outside the store, said Torres, who she said she had never met, sat down, put his hand on her knee, told her he was moving to Florida and wanted her to go with him, reports said. She declined. When she stood up, he grabbed her wrist, pulled her close and kissed her on the cheek, reports said. He had also told her he lived in the Del Lago neighborhood and had showed her where there was a video of him performing music on YouTube. Police officers found the video, discovered the account number, and found his name and address in the Del Lago neighborhood. The victim identified Torres in a photo lineup. His court date is Aug. 4.