Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/25/2014 9:11 AM

One hurt as fire damages Naperville heating and cooling business

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

One person was treated for minor burns Thursday as a fire caused roughly $75,000 damage to Dutchman Heating & Cooling Inc. at 400 E. Ogden Ave. in Naperville.

Authorities did not identify the injured person.

Firefighters said they received a 911 call at 2:38 p.m. from someone inside the building saying there was a fire on the roof. A second call indicated a vehicle also was on fire in the garage area of the business.

The first units arrived four minutes later and began battling the blaze at 2:47 p.m. The main body of the fire was confined to the roof and garage area.

The fire apparently was sparked by roofers who were using a heat gun to apply patching materials, authorities said.

Fire units from Wheaton and Plainfield helped cover Naperville fire stations during the response.

The fire came less than a week after a larger blaze caused roughly $400,000 damage at Grandma Sally's Family Restaurant at 450 E. Ogden Ave.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.