• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves cut the lock and stole a 15-speed mountain bike between 6:45 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. July 21 from a Metra lot at 2121 W. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole the front tire and wheel between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. July 18 from a 10-speed street bike in the Metra lot at 2121 W. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $75.
• Thieves stole a locked maroon hybrid road bicycle and a silver and blue hybrid bicycle with shoe cages on the pedals and aftermarket handle bars between 9 p.m. and midnight July 16 at 155 E. Eastman. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a weed cutter and leaf blower between 9 and 10:30 a.m. July 22 on the 500 block of West Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $800.
• Vandals scratched the front and rear driver's-side doors around 4:30 a.m. July 22 on a 2008 Saturn Vue on the 0-100 block of East Palatine Road.
• Sherrie L. Patrick, 51, of the 1800 block of East Avenue, Berwyn, was arrested around 1:21 p.m. July 10 in a business on the 2100 block of East Lake-Cook Road and charged with battery. Reports said an employee claimed Patrick, who was her boss, struck her.
• Steven L. Smith, 52, of the 600 block of Happfield, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 3:41 p.m. July 14 at Dundee and Weidner roads and charged with possession of marijuana, suspended driver's license, expired registration, obstructed windshield and no insurance.
• Burglars stole two iPods between July 21 and 22 out of a car on the 900 block of Hidden Lake.
• A female resident was scammed out of an undisclosed amount of money after she received a phone call from a man claiming to be from Homeland Security. He told her there was a problem with her husband's visa, and she would need to pay fees with Green Dot cards to clear up the problem. She purchased the cards and gave the man the card codes over the telephone. When her husband realized it was a scam, the money was already transferred.
• Thieves stole video games around 8:30 p.m. July 18 after the victim left them unattended on the counter in a store on the 300 block of West Half Day Road.
• Vandals slashed two tires on a car on the 400 block of Woodbury between July 19 and 20.
• Burglars entered a home between 5:30 and 11:14 p.m. July 18 on the 1100 block of Larraway and took undisclosed items.
• Vandals damaged the rubber ground surface in a playground at 655 Golfview between July 13 and 14.
• Vandals broke the outer pane of a window between July 14 and 15 at Prairie School, 1530 Brandywyn.
• A store employee said a customer stole more than $300 in game cards around 11 p.m. July 4 at 316 W. Half Day Road.
• Burglars stole a radar detector between 8:15 and 9:30 p.m. July 9 out of a car on the 700 block of Buffalo Grove Road. • Thieves removed and stole a copper ground bus bar between June 23 and July 3 from a cellphone tower on the 1700 block of Estonia. • A woman stole a purse between 4 and 5 p.m. July 5 after the victim left it on a table in a restaurant at 220 Milwaukee Ave.
• Thieves stole two children's bicycles between July 4 and 6 from a patio at a home on the 1200 block of Deerfield.
• Dee Lee, 66, of the 900 block of Carlow, Des Plaines, was arrested around 5:10 p.m. July 9 at Carson's, 1025 Center Drive, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take sunglasses, two shirts, two pairs of shorts and a jacket, valued at $220. The agent also saw her take a sweatshirt valued at $94 on May 18 but was not able to stop her, reports said. Her court date is Aug. 14.
• Vandals hurled a landscape rock between 3:30 p.m. July 6 and 12:40 p.m. July 7 that smashed a glass patio door at a home on the 700 block of West Busse Avenue. Damage was estimated at $650.
• Vandals put a 24-inch scratch on the driver's side door of a 2012 Toyota Camry between 9 and 10 a.m. July 7 in a lot at Northwest Community Hospital immediate care building, 199 W. Rand Road. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a cellphone and case containing two credit cards and a driver's license around 11:40 a.m. July 4 from a golf cart at Old Orchard Country Club golf course. The cellphone was found on the course. Someone tried to used a credit card at a Walgreens in Wheeling and at a CVS in Niles.
• Thieves stole a denim jacket and loose change between 8:30 p.m. July 6 and 6:25 a.m. July 7 out of a 2003 Ford Taurus in a driveway on the 300 block of Hatlen. Value was estimated at $44.