• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars stole the radio faceplate between 11:20 p.m. July 20 and 7 a.m. July 21 out of an unlocked 1998 Honda Civic and a radio and hammer drill set out of a 1993 Honda Civic, both in a lot on the 1100 block of South New Wilke Road.
• Burglars stole items valued at $16,347 between 3:30 and 8:25 p.m. July 12 at a home on the 700 block of Meadow Drive. They removed the cover to a window well, forced open the window and stole men's and women's watches, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings, a sterling silver bowl, three silk saris, a silk dress, a gift card, two wallets, a camera, safety deposit key, blank checks and cash out of the master bedroom.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between July 13 and 14 from seven vehicles: a Chevrolet on the 800 block of Pearson Street, a Chevrolet on the 1400 block of East Ashland Avenue, a Chevrolet on the 900 block of South Center Street, a Pontiac on the 1600 block of South River Road, a Chevrolet on the 1700 block of East Stewart Avenue, a Chevrolet on the 1900 block of East Everett Avenue, and a Chevrolet on the 1800 block of East Stewart Avenue.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between July 3 and 9 from a minivan in a lot on the 400 block of East Northwest Highway. Value was estimated at $400.
• Burglars broke into two vehicles between 11 p.m. July 12 and 10:09 a.m. July 13 in a driveway on the 2000 block of East Sherwin Avenue and stole a laptop computer, a 7-inch touch-screen display radio and navigation system, and two baby strollers. Value was estimated at $4,100.
• Burglars stole a GPS and gift card between 3 p.m. July 12 and 4:15 p.m. July 13 out of an unlocked Honda in a driveway on the 100 block of East Terrace Lane. Value was estimated at $200.
• A man carrying a bag around 9:26 a.m. July 13 stole money valued at $40 out of a laundry machine in an apartment laundry room on the 700 block of Dulles Road. He fled when the building owner questioned him after he claimed to be the coin collector.
• Burglars stole a GPS, cellphone and sunglasses out of an unlocked Honda and a GPS out of an unlocked Hyundai between 7:30 p.m. July 13 and 1:30 p.m. July 14 in a driveway on the 1700 block of Estes Avenue. Value was estimated at $580.
• Burglars stole a GPS and two bottles of prescription pain medications between 7 p.m. July 12 and 9 a.m. July 13 out of an unlocked Dodge in a driveway on the 100 block of West Ambleside Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $20 between 10 p.m. July 12 and 11 a.m. July 13 out of an unlocked Ford in a driveway on the 100 block of West Lance Drive.
• Burglars stole sunglasses out of an unlocked Honda and cash and a phone charger out of an unlocked Jeep between 10:30 p.m. July 13 and 3 a.m. July 14 in a driveway on the 1700 block of Estes Avenue. Value was estimated at $360.
• Burglars broke into a Volkswagen between 3 p.m. July 12 and 2:30 p.m. July 13 in a driveway on the 1800 block of South Krowka Drive and stole several CDs and an iPod. Value was estimated at $550. Burglars broke into a GMC in the same driveway, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole a small bag containing a silver necklace with a silver pendant and tiger eye gem, a pair of silver earrings, and two silver rings with embedded tiger eye gems between 5:30 and 9:30 p.m. July 9 out of a resident's room in a nursing home at 1301 S. Lee St. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a purse around 10 a.m. July 1 after the owner dropped it when she left a slot machine at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Value was estimated at $155.
• Burglars stole $310 between 4:30 p.m. July 8 and 4 a.m. July 9 out of an unlocked Ford on the 600 block of West Jill Court.
• Jennifer Nejad, 28, of the 1500 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. July 9 on the 1300 block of East Oakton Street and charged with battery. Her court date is Aug. 21.
Elk Grove Village
• Nicole R. Wilson, 25, of the 8100 block of Southeast Mill Street, Portland, Or., was arrested around 12:10 p.m. June 19 at 51 E. State Parkway, Schaumburg, and charged with prostitution.
• Tanya D. Stoykova, 37, of the 1400 block of Chafee Court, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 6:25 p.m. July 4 at 801 Meacham Road and charged with endangering the life and health of a child. Her court date is July 25.
• Ricardo R. Gonzalez, 37, of the 2700 block of North Pine Grove Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 12:40 p.m. July 10 at 901 Wellington and charged with battery His court date is Aug. 8.
• Thieves stole an unlocked forklift between 6 p.m. July 3 and 5:30 a.m. July 5 out of a back lot at Precision Stone Design, 965 S. Lively Blvd. Value was estimated at $15,000.
• Thieves stole a concrete cutting saw between 10 and 10:30 a.m. July 10 out of the bed of a Chevrolet work truck belonging to Baker's Basket, 2420 York Road. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Jeffrey A. Sarzynski, 36, of the 4300 block of Judd Street Schiller Park, was arrested around 5:45 p.m. July 6 at a store at 640 S. Sutton Road and charged with retail theft. Reports said an officer discovered that he had taken two speakers. He also was wanted on a Cook County warrant.
• Courtney L. Davis, 19, of the 100 block of Beverly Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 2:15 p.m. July 10 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her push a shopping cart out of the store without paying for the merchandise. Value was estimated at $660.
• Frank R. Wilke, 49, of the 7100 block of Glenwood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8 p.m. July 13 at his home and charged with felony retail theft. Police reports said a security agent for Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, saw him take merchandise valued at $645. The agent followed Wilke's car and told police officers how to find him.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer and two video games in a pink bag around 8 p.m. July 18 after the owner left the bag on a park bench in Denoyer Park, 445 Denoyer Trail.
• A man tried to grab a purse around 9:26 p.m. July 18 when a woman walked to her 2009 Chevrolet Express van in a restaurant lot, 600 S. Milwaukee Ave., opened the front driver's-side door and tossed her purse inside. He reached past her but she screamed and he ran away without the purse.