• A business on the 300 block of Van Nortwick Avenue reported that it received forged money orders, according to a police report. The crime was reported at the police department lobby at 2:04 p.m. Tuesday.
Contact information ( * required )
• Ronald C. Krumwiede, 48, of the 800 block of Clarendon Court, Aurora, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed, leaving the scene of an accident, improper lane use, no insurance, illegal transportation of alcohol and failure to notify the Secretary of state of a change of address after a traffic stop at 7:43 p.m. Tuesday on the 900 block of Hart Road, according to a police report.
• Derek J. Gray, 28, of the 400 block of Madison Street, Batavia, was arrested and charged with two counts of misdemeanor domestic battery at 6:32 p.m. Monday after police were called to the 400 block of Madison Street for a disturbance, according to a police report.
• Three 24-foot spools of specialized cable, valued at $1,700, were stolen between June 30 and 2:10 p.m. July 14 from an office suite on the 1800 block of South Randall Road, according to a sheriff report.
• Julie A. Lawson. 37, of the 600 block of Oakwood Drive, Geneva, was arrested and charged with two counts of misdemeanor domestic battery at 6:03 a.m. July 14 on the 600 block of Oakwood Drive, according to a police report. Lawson is accused of slapping and punching a younger female, the report said.
• Residents on the 43W500 block of Hawkeye Drive near Elburn reported to deputies that an unsigned note and envelop was left on their truck windshield between 1:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. Friday demanding the couple leave $3,000 in an unmarked envelope or "we will be paying you a visit in the future" and not to contact police, according to a sheriff report.