And then there were 10.
The field for Suburban Chicago's Got Talent has been pared from 15 finalists to 10 for the summerlong competition co-sponsored by the Daily Herald, the Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce and the Prairie Center for the Arts in Schaumburg.
Contact information ( * required )
The Top 10 finalists for 2014 are:
• Dennis Caravello of Mount Prospect, a singer-songwriter and guitarist
• Ryan Cooper of Schaumburg, a vocalist and guitarist
• DeMuziq Artis (DeMarcus Artis) of Oak Park, a singer
• Jaooo (Jordan Madonia) of Hoffman Estates, a hip-hop singer/writer
• Mike L (Michael Lueck) of Des Plaines, a singer and guitarist
• Bryana Martinez of Chicago Ridge, a violinist
• Mysterious Krew, a dance crew featuring Sean Adams of Hanover Park, Vernon Davis of Streamwood and Armond Mayberry of Hanover Park
• Rachel (Rachel McPheeters) of DeKalb, a singer
• Carly Meyers of Northbrook, a classical singer
• Farah Morales of Mount Prospect, a singer
The finalists are all vying for the new grand prize known as a "STARter Kit," which includes a concert performance as an opening act for a major headliner at the Arcada Theatre in St. Charles, a professional concert-style photo shoot, a promotional video drawn from live competition footage and professional talent mentoring.
Also still in play is the Fan Favorite prize, a Funjet vacation for two, which goes to the SCGT contestant with the most online votes throughout the competition. There will be just one more round of online voting at dailyherald.com/entertainment/talent following the Top 10 performance scheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 3, at the Prairie Center for the Arts in Schaumburg.
Both the grand prize winner and Fan Favorite will be announced following performances of the Top 10 at the Taste of Arlington Heights on Saturday, Aug. 9. In 2013, both prizes were won by Shawn Kurian and Sanu John of the beatboxing duo iLLest Vocals, while in 2014 the Fan Favorite prize went to singer Andrew Johnston of Bourbonnais, while the grand prize went to singer Gabriela Francesca of Palatine.
Tickets for the final competition round of SCGT are $10. Call (847) 895-3600 or visit prairiecenter.org.