On the last day of school, Rivers Foundation representatives Kate McMahon, Jill Wilcox and Jackey Valadez made a very important visit to Cumberland Elementary School, 700 E. Golf Road, Des Plaines. Wilcox and Valadez presented a $39,300 check to Colleen White, Cumberland principal, to expand the number of digital devices available to students for classroom instruction and testing.
Cumberland students presented thank you cards to the representatives.
Contact information ( * required )
Cumberland's technology goals are:
• To provide a personal technology device to each student while at school
• To engage students in challenging academic skills that lead to future success
• To support the rigor of Common Core State Standards by infusing technology into each school day
• To enhance daily instruction for all children through the use of technology
• To transform the school into a 21st Century learning environment
• To prepare students for the digital age so that they are career and college ready
• Submit 'Your News' at dailyherald.com/share.