"Bang'n Blues," a benefit blues music festival, is Friday, July 18, through Sunday, July 20, on Bangs Lake in Wauconda.
Sponsored by STAR Charities, a Chicago-based, volunteer-run, charitable organization, and Lindy's Landing, a Wauconda lakefront restaurant, the event features three days of blues bands at locations along Main Street.
Contact information ( * required )
Organizers say it coincides with the 35th anniversary of the filming of "The Blues Brothers" movie in and around the village.
Proceeds from a weekend-long 50/50 raffle benefit Main Attraction, a private organization that beautifies Main Street in the downtown area.
"Bang'n Blues" begins with a pub-crawl Friday night and wraps up with an all-ages event featuring four hours of blues music at Lindy's Landing on Sunday.
"Wauconda already has one of the best music scenes in the region, with a half dozen live acts playing here in town on just about any weekend night," said Glenn Starkey, director of STAR Charities.
"Our intent is for Bang'n Blues to develop into the premier blues-related event for music lovers from northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin."
Featured acts include:
Friday, July 18:
• Street Corner Blue, 7-11 p.m. at Lindy's Landing, 115 Park Ave.
• Skaja Sings The Blues (with special guest Dave Sarkis), 6-9 p.m. at Bliss Wine & Gifts, 201 S. Main St.
• Bac'n Blues, 8-11 p.m. at Main Street Outfitter, 513 S. Main St.
• Liz Mandeville and the Blue Points, 10 p.m.-1 a.m. at the Village Inn, 202 S. Main St.
Also, as part of the pub-crawl:
• Rumor Hazit, 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. at Docks Bar & Grill, 313 E. Liberty St.
• Kevin Spica, 7 p.m. at Middletons on Main, 110 S. Main St.
• LJ Slavin & Jeff Trudell, 8-11 p.m. at Strawberry Moon, 204 S. Main St.
Saturday, July 19:
• Open Blues Jam, 3-6 p.m. at Main Street Outfitter, 513 S. Main St.
• The Kevin Purcell Front Porch Blues Ensemble, 6-9 p.m. at Bliss Wine & Gifts, 201 S. Main St.
• Max Bjork, 8-11 p.m. at Strawberry Moon Martini Bar, 204 S. Main St.
• Bada Blues Band, 9:30 p.m. at Middletons on Main, 110 S. Main St.
• The Bluz Brothers, 7-11 p.m. at Lindy's Landing, 115 Park Ave.
Sunday, July 20:
• Hundred & Six Miles, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Bliss Wine & Gifts, 201 S. Main St.
• Peaches Staten and the Grooveshakers, 2-6 p.m. at Lindy's Landing, 115 Park Ave.
More acts and details are being announced via the "Bang'n Blues" Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Bangnblueswauconda.