The 31st annual Kane County Fair Talent Contest Monday night featured 25 contestants singing, dancing and playing instruments at the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles.
Winning first place in the Junior Division, for those 14 and younger, was Sophia Peterson, 12, of Elgin, who sang "Ave Maria."
The winner of the Senior Division, age 15 to 21, was Erin Newman of St. Charles, who sang "Maybe this Time."
The first-place winners will represent the county at the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs Official Talent Contest state competition in January in Springfield.
The first-round participants scheduled in the Junior Division were:
• Dancers Alissa Chu, Karlee Smith and Haley Beilfuss, all of Batavia, in Jazz Hip-Hop Dance with the song "Invade."
• Soloist Sophia Peterson of Elgin with the song "Ave Maria."
• Soloist Dora Duhownik of St. Charles with the song "For Good."
• Soloist Olivia Kelley of Geneva with the song "Don't Know Why."
• Dancer Grace Lenighan of St. Charles with "Think of the Vocal."
• Soloist Francesca Carravetta of St. Charles with "Let it Go."
• Soloist Alexandra Duckett of St. Charles with "Skyfall."
• Lyrical dancer Erin Seales of St. Charles with "Let it Go."
• Geneva Cosmic Girls dancers Mia Soderquist Hansen of St. Charles and CJ Silverman, Meena Gosain, Kelli Kaufman and Sadie Zeller, all of Geneva, jazz dance.
Those in the Senior Division (15 to 21) were:
• Pianists Lucy Avila and Amanda Maher, both of Batavia, duet, song, "C.S. Theme."
• Dancer Galina Knorst of St. Charles with the song "It Ends Tonight."
• Vocalist San Sandberg of Geneva with the song "Blown Away."
• Guitarist and vocalist Sean Seales of St. Charles with the song "Imagine."
• Vocalist Matt Skirmont of Batavia with the song "Ring of Fire."
• Guitarist Eric Bajorek of Gilberts with the song "Star-Spangled Banner."
• Vocalist Erin Newman of St. Charles with the song "Maybe this Time."
• Pianist and vocalist Alexis Nguyen of Pingree Grove with the song "New Day."
• Flutist Julia LeKander of Batavia with the song "Flight of the Bumble Bee."
Contestants were judged on technique, stage presentation, audience appeal and appearance. Cash prizes were awarded in several categories. The winners are scheduled to perform at 3 p.m. Saturday during the county fair.