• Meet mystery writer Lori Rader-Day as she discusses and signs copies of her debut thriller, "The Black Hour," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, at Cook Park Library, 413 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. Books will be available for purchase at the event. To register, call (847) 362-2330 or visit webres.cooklib.org.
• Rebecca Rotert discusses and signs copies of her book "Last Night to be at The Blue Angel" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Cristina Henriquez discusses her book "The Book of Unknown Americans" at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Local authors Kathy Stevenson and Joseph T. Cox team up for an author event beginning at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, at the Lake Forest Bookstore, 680 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest. Stevenson will discuss her novel "The Lake Poet," while Cox discusses his book of poetry "Garden's Close." To register, call (847) 234-4420. Visit lakeforestbookstore.com.
• "Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands" author Chris Bohjalian discusses and signs copies of his book at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 17, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.