Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/6/2014 5:07 PM

Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • Disney announced Sunday that shooting will be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Harrison Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated "Star Wars" sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

      Disney announced Sunday that shooting will be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Harrison Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated "Star Wars" sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.
    Associated Press

 
Associated PRess

NEW YORK -- Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.