• "Sinner" author Maggie Stiefvater reads from and signs copies of her book at 7 p.m. Monday, July 7, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Rachel Bertsche discusses her book "Jennifer, Gwyneth & Me" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. Books will be available for purchase and signing following the author's presentation. Visit vapld.info. Bertsche also discusses her book at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 10, at the Highland Park Public Library, 494 Laurel Ave., Highland Park. (847) 681-7031 or hplibrary.org.
Contact information ( * required )
• Best-selling author Jacqueline Winspear reads from and signs copies of her new novel, "The Care and Management of Lies," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "Flight 232" author Laurence Gonzales discusses his book at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, at The Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Author Richard S. Faulkner discusses his book "The School of Hard Knocks: Combat Leadership in the American Expeditionary Forces" at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, in the visitors center theater at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. A book-signing follows the author's presentation. Books will be available for purchase in the Cantigny Shop. Admission and parking are free. For information, visit firstdivisionmuseum.org.
• The DuPage Birding Club hosts an author event with local author, naturalist and environmental consultant Joel Greenberg beginning at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 10, at Faith Lutheran Church, 41 N. Park Blvd., Glen Ellyn. Greenberg will discuss the life of passenger pigeons along with discussing and signing copies of his latest book, "A Feathered River Across the Sky: The Passenger Pigeon's Flight to Extinction." Copies of the book will be available for purchase. For information, see dupagebirding.org.
• Meet author Rita Leganski as she discusses her debut novel, "The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow," at 6:30 p.m. Friday, July 11, at the Lake Forest Bookstore, 680 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest. (847) 234-4420 or lakeforestbookstore.com.
• Actor, singer, producer and New York Times best-selling author Chris Colfer signs copies of his newest children's book, "Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning," at 7 p.m. Friday, July 11, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com. Colfer also signs copies of his book at noon Saturday, July 12, at Barnes and Noble, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. Free numbered tickets for the signing line will be distributed at the store beginning at 9 a.m. Tuesday, July 8. Tickets will be given to those customers presenting a copy of the book and a proof of purchase from a Barnes and Noble store or bn.com. One ticket per customer. (847) 676-2230 or bn.com.