The University Center of Lake County has a dozen new degree and certificate programs for prospective students to consider.
All University Center programs are offered via evening or weekend or online study so that working adults can fit them into lives that already contain jobs and families without adding lengthy commutes.
Anyone who wants to remain in Lake County to finish a bachelor's degree, earn a master's degree, or seek a professional development certificate can attend the University Center Open House from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, July 10, at the University Center's Grayslake facility, 1200 University Center Drive.
Visitors can pick up a program guide describing more than 100 new and continuing academic options from 19 Illinois schools, meet with program representatives to ask questions about curriculum and admission, and maybe even win cash.
New transfer options include:
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting (Southern Illinois University Carbondale)
• Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (University of Illinois Springfield)
• Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education (Kendall College)
• Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (Northeastern Illinois University)
New graduate degrees include:
• Master of Science in Data Science (Elmhurst College)
• Master of Arts in Art, Art Education and Community Art concentrations (Eastern Illinois University)
• Master of Arts in Music, Music Education concentration (Eastern Illinois University)
• Master of Arts in Political Science (University of Illinois Springfield)
New certificates include:
• Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence (University of Illinois Springfield)
• Graduate Certificate in Data Science (Elmhurst College)
• Facility Management (Northern Illinois University)
• Professional HR Certification Preparation (Northern Illinois University)
WXLC will be broadcasting live from the open house until 7:30 p.m. Stop by to meet XLC radio personality Jimmy Novak and try to win some immediate financial aid from the XLC cash machine.
For more information, call (847) 665-4000 or visit www.ucenter.org to register for the event or download a flyer.