• Ryan J. Tinerella, 30, of the 900 block of Highland Avenue, Elgin, was charged Thursday with theft, according to a police report. He is accused of taking four pocket watches and four items of jewelry between May 12 and Monday with no intention of returning the items to the owner. The stolen items have a value of more than $500 and less than $10,000. Tinerella's bail was set at $400,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is July 3.
Contact information ( * required )
• Joseph A. Leroy, 31, of the 500 block of N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, was charged Thursday with manufactured delivery of a controlled substance containing cocaine, possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a substance containing cannabis, according to a police report. He is accused of possessing and intending to deliver between one gram and 15 grams of a substance containing cocaine. He also possessed between 2.5 grams and 10 grams of a substance containing cannabis, as well as a glass pipe commonly used for inhaling cannabis. Members of the Elgin Police Department's special investigations division executed a search warrant after weeks of investigation following reports of drugs being sold at the residence, police said. His bail was set at $100,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is Wednesday.
• Phillip S. Freeney, 18, of the 400 block of Tulsa Avenue, Carpentersville, was charged Thursday with manufactured delivery of a substance containing cannabis and possession of a substance containing cannabis, according to a police report. He is accused of possessing and intending to deliver between 30 grams and 500 grams of the substance containing cannabis. His bail was set at $40,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is July 3.
• A 15-year-old male was charged with unlawful use of a weapon and possession of cannabis after he was arrested at about 9 p.m. Thursday by officers from Elgin's gang crimes unit, police said. The juvenile fled after officers on patrol in the area of Kathleen Drive and Meyer Street tried to talk to him. He was found in possession of a loaded handgun along with 10 grams of cannabis. He was then transported to Kane County Juvenile Justice Center to await a detention hearing.
• A resident of the 19N100 block of Hillcrest Drive near Hampshire reported Wednesday that a company that was contracted to do $1,600 worth of sidewalk and patio repair work on March 22 had not begun work and had refused to return an $800 deposit check, according to a sheriff's report.