Breaking News Bar
updated: 6/26/2014 4:32 PM

Quinn won't testify about anti-violence program

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

Gov. Pat Quinn says he has no intentions of testifying before a legislative commission about the scandal-laden anti-violence program he started in 2010.

The Chicago Democrat hasn't been subpoenaed or invited less informally. But seven former officials with his administration have been compelled to appear before the Legislative Audit Commission next month. They're expected to address problems with management and spending under Quinn's $55 million Neighborhood Recovery Initiative.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Quinn started it to combat violence in several Chicago neighborhoods, but a state audit earlier this year found "pervasive" issues. Federal and Cook County authorities are also investigating the program.

This week Republicans called on Quinn to testify himself.

Quinn dismissed the notion Thursday after an unrelated event. He says he addressed problems, including dismantling the agency that ran the program.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.