June 23, 2014
BARTLETT, Illinois: Job Search Six Week Workshop Series – Thursdays, 6:30pm – 9pm, July 10th – August 15th 2014
What does it take to find a job in 2014?
The world has changed greatly in the last 10 years and so have job search methods and processes for those searching as well as those hiring. Resumes are no longer received by human beings but by "robot scanners" looking for key words to find candidates, before any human looks at it.
CAREER CONNECTION is a workshop series written with a heart to share, encourage and support those of us struggling or desiring to find work and start or change careers.
Professional Outplacement Services can increase a candidate's job placement success rate by 50%! We want to give you some of that edge in your job search without paying $400 per hour. The Workshop's author and facilitator will share information from months of professional outplacement services, personal experience, and research.
There is a wealth of information and resources available to every one of us. We just need the tools, direction, support and encouragement to know how and where to access it. We need this information to complete a successful job search or transition. We want to be able to start working in a job that we can love, and not one just to survive. That's what this group is all about. To get the most from the workshops participants are encouraged to bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or tablet.
Each evening will include a variety of information and assistance including:
• Easing the stress and burden of job search, transition or unemployment as we encourage and support each other
• Tech Tips, Skills & Assistance
• Creating your Transition or Exit Statement
• Creating your Career Statement
• Job Search Methods & Resources
• Search Communications practice & samples: Resumes, Cover Letters, etc.
• Negotiating & Accepting your offer
• Exercises to understand ourselves, our search and work dynamics
• Network with other searchers
• Use "Combined Intelligence" to navigate the maze to locate the right job for ourselves and our families
The evenings will include blended learning, multi- media, discussion, application, mutual encouragement, and celebration.
Career Connection will start meeting Thursday, July 10, 2014 from 6:30 pm – 9 pm at Alliance Bible Church 430 E. Stearns Road, Bartlett, Illinois 60103. To register go to home page link on the church website at http://www.ABCBartlett.org or email ABCCareerConnection@gmail.com. There is no charge for these workshops, only free will donations to cover the cost of supplies and refreshments.
Submitted by: Beth Fleming, Workshop Facilitator
Church Phone: 630-372-7000