1. A major player for decades in Lake County politics and growth -- 35-year Warren Township Supervisor Robert "Bob" Depke -- has died.
2. A St. Charles church mounts a massive monthly volunteer effort aimed not at "checking off a box" but building a "relationship with the community."
Contact information ( * required )
3. Star midfielder Michael Bradley of the U.S. World Cup soccer team is now the primary example at the Palatine youth soccer club where he once trained of how pure desire can overcome any shortcomings in natural ability.
4. A 93-year-old Cary woman was injured Friday night when the hot air balloon in which she was riding made a rough landing on a Huntley golf course.
5. After bouncing through the foster-care system, Braiden, 11, and her brother, Michael, 10, say they are grateful they finally got matched with a family of two dads.
6. Da Coach is bringing his restaurant to Arlington Heights this week. Ditka's Restaurant is set to open Tuesday in the Trackside facility at Arlington International Racecourse.
7. Calling Naperville snobby? How gauche! Mayor George Pradel disputes a recent report labeling his city the 4th snobbiest mid-sized community in America.
8. Husband and wife team Jim and Jenna Barton of Belvidere have been trying to revitalize Elgin's BMX track since they took over as operators in the fall.
9. Being found not guilty of obstruction of justice and solicitation wasn't enough to save former Lake County Sheriff's Deputy Eric Francke's job. Francke last week lost an appeal of his firing, which came after he was charged with soliciting a prostitute.
10. Kevin Streelman, who was born in Winfield and grew up in Wheaton, birdied the last seven holes to win the Travelers Championship by a stroke Sunday at TPC River Highlands.