• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke into a home between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. June 9 on the 200 block of Hyde Street and stole a women's designer watch, three pendant necklaces and two pink jade rings. Value was estimated over $1,100.
• Vandals used gold paint to color a fire hydrant around 5 p.m. June 8 on the parkway at Gregory and Rammer.
• Vandals put a scratch along the entire passenger's side of a 2001 Ford 150 pickup truck between 7 p.m. June 8 and 10 a.m. June 9 on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road.
• A man got out of his vehicle around 7:50 a.m. June 9 at Algonquin and Arlington Heights roads and pounded on the hood of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze sedan. He was described as a white male, 50-60 years old, short white hair, and wearing glasses and a post office uniform.
• Thieves stole $100 on May 29 and again on June 7 out of a wallet in a locker at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road.
• Erik Flores, 21, of the 700 block of South Rosehall Lane, Round Lake, was arrested around 11:48 p.m. June 1 at McHenry and Aptakisic and charged with possession of marijuana, manufacture/delivery of marijuana and suspended driver's license.
• Vandals lit a fire that burned a small hole in a plastic tube between 3 and 6:45 p.m. June 9 in a playground at 1530 Brandywyn.
• Thieves stole two cellphones and cash around 5:30 p.m. June 8 out of a storage cubby while the owner was on the trampolines at 950 E. Busch.
• Thieves stole a motorcycle between June 4 and 5 from a driveway on the 400 block of Buckthorn. The cycle was found several blocks away.
• Thieves stole packages between April 1 and June 3 delivered to an apartment building lobby on Mill Creek.
• Susan K. Worm 36, of the 300 block of North Salem Drive, Palatine, was arrested June 8 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take merchandise valued at $290.
• Vandals smashed the windshield and five other windows between 12:30 and 5:30 a.m. June 6 on a 2000 Chevrolet van in a lot on the 700 block of East Rand Grove Lane. The driver's-side mirror and passenger's-side taillight were also damaged.
• Vandals damaged three lamp posts between June 5 and 6 at homes in different areas of the village.
• Burglars stole several tools between 2 p.m. June 8 and 9 a.m. June 9 out of a 1994 Ford van in an apartment lot on the 1400 block of North Winslowe Drive.
• Thieves stole several kitchen pans between 9 and 11 a.m. June 4 from Fat Tony's Pizza, 1506 W. Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $2,000.