• Best-selling author Mary Kay Andrews discusses and signs copies of her new novel, "Save the Date," at 7 p.m. Monday, June 16, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "Midnight in Europe" author Alan Furst discusses his book at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 17, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Jeanne Nolan discusses and signs copies of her gardening book and memoir "From the Ground Up" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 17, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. (847) 634-3650 or vapld.info.
• New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson discusses his newest title, "The Red Room," at 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee. To register, call (847) 244-5150 or visit wnpl.info. Pearson will also be on hand to discuss his book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Celebrity chef and Mundelein native Norman Van Aken signs copies of his newest book, "No Experience Necessary," at a book-signing party beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday, June 19, at Bill's Pizza and Pub, 624 S. Lake St., Mundelein. (847) 566-5380.