Elgin Area School District U-46 is offering a series of Summer Student Registration Assistance Events that begin on Wednesday, June 11 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all new students.
Families of current students who have not yet completed online registration or need help with the registration process are also encouraged to attend. By completing their registration online and paying all required fees by Monday, June 30, families will save $20 per student.
"U-46 is offering registration assistance to make it easier for families to register students, provide help for individuals with questions or who don't have computer access, and ensure students are prepared for the first day of school," explained Traci White, U-46 Student Registration Coordinator.
Parents or guardians of current U-46 students received a username and password in the mail to access online registration and payment through Infinite Campus Portal at www.u-46.org.
Families of preschool or kindergarten students, new students, or students who have a change of address must attend a Summer Student Registration Assistance Event to register.
Districtwide registration events will be offered on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 11 and June 25; 1 to 6 p.m. on June 18 and July 9; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 16.
Families registering preschool students should visit Independence at 200 Taylor Ave. in Bartlett or Illinois Park at 1350 Wing St. in Elgin.
Families registering kindergarten through 12th grades should visit their feeder high school:
• Bartlett High School at 701 Schick Road;
• Elgin High School at 1200 Maroon Drive;
• Larkin High School at 1475 Larkin Ave.;
• South Elgin High School at 760 E. Main St.;
• Streamwood High School at 701 W. Schaumburg Road.
Registrants must bring the following documentation with them:
• certified birth certificate
• transcript/schedule (middle and high school students)
• student's previous school address, phone and fax numbers
• physical exam and up-to-date immunizations
• two proofs of residency from the lists below showing the parent/guardian's name and the student's full-time address
One item must be:
• most recent real estate tax bill
• mortgage papers/statement
• signed lease
• closing statement for purchase of residence
One item must be:
• current gas, electric, or water bill
• valid government issued picture ID with address in which the student resides
• public aid card
• current homeowner's/renter's insurance certificate
current telephone or cable bill
• receipt for city vehicle sticker
For more information, contact the U-46 Student Registration Hotline at (847) 888-5000, ext. 6808, or visit www.u-46.org and click on "Registration."