1. Twenty University of Illinois students are biking 4,000 miles to fight cancer in what Napvervillian Grace Deetjen, 19, said was "something pretty crazy and just like an epic journey."
2. Three teens are facing felony charges after police say they beat and robbed an 87-year-old man who was out practicing golf Saturday morning in an Elgin park.
Contact information ( * required )
3. Two Fox Valley women are going to extraordinary lengths to make sure a legendary horse during the Great Depression gets his due. Greyhound died in 1965 and was buried in St. Charles.
4. A cab driver was killed early Sunday morning, police said, when she either stopped or attempted to back up in a lane of traffic on the Jane Addams Tollway in Hoffman Estates, causing an SUV to strike her vehicle from behind, sparking a deadly fire.
5. Larry Schreiner, described as "a legend on the police beat" who worked for WGN radio and as a columnist for the Daily Herald, died Thursday at his Barrington home at age 72.
6. Although a 150-foot cellular tower proposed for the leafy River Road corridor in Libertyville Township is on hold, opponents fear its return when a development moratorium expires in December.
7. Students at Maine East High School who learned all about angles, shapes and theorems in geometry classes this year used those skills to build a two-story press box behind the school's baseball diamond.
8. Wauconda residents sprung into action Saturday night and detained a man who police say crashed his vehicle into several parked cars while driving drunk.
9. A new test is coming for 30 Naperville teachers as the Unit District 203 moves toward incorporating student performance into educator reviews, but the grade won't count just yet.
10. A 53-year-old Waukegan man is in police custody after police say he killed his wife, daughter and dog Sunday night.