• "How to Babysit a Grandma" author Jean Reagan reads from and signs copies of her new children's book, the follow-up to her title "How to Babysit a Grandpa," at 7 p.m. Monday June 9, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet author Patrick Donohue as he reads from and signs copies of his book "Red Zone Fathering" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 10, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Local authors Lisa Steinke and Liz Fenton introduce their debut novel, "Your Perfect Life," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 10, at Cook Memorial Public Library, 701 Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Free, but reservations are required. Books will be available for purchase at the event. (847) 362-2330 or webres.cooklib.org.
• Author Estelle Glaser Laughlin discusses her memoir, "Transcending Darkness: A Girl's Journey Out of the Holocaust," at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 10, at the Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson St., Mount Prospect. Books will be available for purchase at the event. Registration is required. (847) 253-5675, mppl.org or visit the library in person.
• Author Nancy Chovancek signs copies of her book "Angry Birds and Beehive Hair: A Short Story Collection of Real-Life Sarcastic Drama" from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 11, at Tasting de Vine, 127 W. Front St., Wheaton. booksbynancychovancek.com.
• "Euphoria" author Lily King discusses and signs copies of her novel at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 11, at the Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka, (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Local author, environmental consultant and naturalist Joel Greenberg will present a program titled "Hope is the Thing With Feathers: Americans and Three Birds" at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 12, at the Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Greenberg is the author of "A Feathered River Across the Sky: The Passenger Pigeon's Flight to Extinction." Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing at the event. Free. Reservations are recommended. (630) 260-8162 or email email@example.com.
• Author Pat McCaskey signs copies of his newest book, "Pillars of the NFL," from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 14, at The Christian Shop, 325 E. Dundee Road, Palatine. (847) 991-8994.