• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a designer watch valued at $8,500 between 11 p.m. May 30 and 8 a.m. May 31 out of a guest room at Courtyard by Marriott, 100 W. Algonquin Road, after the owner left it behind by mistake.
• Burglars stole two laptop computers and computer monitor between 3 p.m. June 2 and 5 a.m. June 3 out of the maintenance building at Rolling Green Golf Course, 2529 E. Rand Road. Offenders took several golf carts out of the building around 11:20 p.m. June 3 and left them at various places on the property.
• Thieves stole a black leather wallet around 4 p.m. May 31 from a customer at the Goodwill store, 1551 N. Dryden, and used a credit card in the wallet at an Arlington Heights Chuck E Cheese for $43 and a BP gas station for $61, the Palatine Walmart for $240, and a Shell gas station in Rolling Meadows for $6.
• Robbers beat up a man between 9:30 and 10 p.m. May 31 in a restaurant lot, 17 W. Algonquin Road, and stole his cellphone and wallet. Value was estimated at $620. The offenders left in a dark gray minivan.
• Vandals smashed the rear window on a 2007 Pontiac G6 between 4 p.m. May 28 and 9 a.m. May 29 on the 1200 block of South New Wilke Road.
• Vandals punctured 11 tires on six vehicles between 10 p.m. May 28 and 8:20 a.m. May 29 in a lot on the 1000 block of South Evergreen.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 6:15 and 6:50 p.m. May 31 out of a customer's open purse hanging on her chair at Javier's, 8 W. Miner. Someone used credit cards in the wallet at a Petco, Speedway gas station, and two other unknown locations. Loss was estimated at $1,340.
Thieves stole $30 between 1:45 and 2 p.m. May 30 out of a customer's purse at Jewel, 122 N. Vail.
• Theresa Coglianese, 61, of the 500 block of Blue Jay Court, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2 p.m. May 26. Police reports said employee Coglianese was seen taking flowers valued at $213 from Home Depot, 350 Kensington Road, around noon. Her court date is June 17.
• Olmedo E. Cortez-Alvarez, 40, of the 300 block of South Wolf Road, Des Plaines, was arrested May 13 after a traffic stop at Mount Prospect Road and Milburn Avenue and charged with felony burglary to motor vehicle. Police reports gave this account: An 18-year-old female victim saw Cortez-Alvarez parked next to her unlocked Chevrolet Astro van in a store lot at 1825 W. Algonquin Road around 12 a.m. May 10. When she returned, the other vehicle was still there and her cellphone was missing. She gave officers the license plate number of the vehicle. Police got a driver's license photo through the Secretary of State's office and the victim picked Cortez-Alvarez's photo out of a photo lineup. Cortez-Alvarez used the woman's stolen cellphone to call her father; he told the victim he would return the phone if she met him in the YMCA parking lot in Des Plaines. Officers staked out the lot and tried to stop him, but he drove away and was arrested during a traffic stop. According to police, Cortez-Alvarez admitted he wanted to meet and talk with the victim.
• A security agent for Walmart in the Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, saw two men in their 30s take an audio speaker and portable speaker around 7:08 p.m. May 28. Value was estimated at $199.
• Vandals smashed the rear passenger's-side window and pried the front and rear door frames between 8:45 p.m. May 29 and 5:50 a.m. May 30 on a 2005 Ford Explorer on the 0-100 block of South Maple Lane.
• A Prospect Heights family was scammed out of $1,425 between March 9 and May 31 after they booked a flight to India through Travel De Airforceall (Travel Services LLC). They received e-tickets and confirmed the flight with the airline, but when they called the airline again the day before the flight, they learned the tickets had been canceled, police reports said. They were not able to contact the travel agency and did not receive a refund.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti between May 31 and June 2 on several garages on the 0-100 block of East Old Willow Road.