The Elgin Technology Center, 73 S. Riverside Drive, third floor, offers many monthly programs. For details, visit elgintech.org, email email@example.com or call (224) 325-4382.
• On Tuesday, June 3, join a "Startup: Step-by-Step" from 6 to 9 p.m.
Contact information ( * required )
• On Thursday, June 5, join "ETC Speakeasy, Networking Mixer and Programmers Hour" from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
• Starting at 9 a.m. Fridays, June 6 and 20, they open the tech center to nonmembers. Come check out the new space if you haven't done so already. Bring your laptop and get some work done, or play if you wish. Then head out for Tech Lunch at noon. You can find out more details about Tech Lunch on Meetup.
• On Wednesday, June 11, join the "Elgin Social Media" Meetup group from noon to 1 p.m. The aim of this group is to get people who work in the community together to learn from each other about the world of social media. Bring your lunch and a business card or two.
• At 6 p.m. Thursday, June 12, there will be the monthly "Actors + Writers + Shooting Schedule." This month, they will discuss starting a regular actors improv/cold read night combined with a writers group designed to connect writers and actors in a creative new way. Monthly meetups are open to everyone and project specific events will be open to paid members at this location. The possibilities for filming on this site are pretty much limitless, but the director must be a member and must attend the group events to begin writing stories and filming series at the inner Tech Center space and surrounding areas.