Breaking News Bar
updated: 5/29/2014 6:45 PM

Small fire forces school evacuation

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

B.J. Hooper Elementary School in Lindenhurst had to be evacuated for a short time Thursday morning because of a small fire in a bathroom, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to the school, located at 2400 Sand Lake Road, after 10 a.m. and were able to quickly out out the fire in the 4th/5th/6th-grade boys bathroom with a fire extinguisher, according to the Lake Villa Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Students and staff were evacuated safely and returned to the building an hour and a half later, according to a message on the school's website.

No injuries were reported.

The fire is under investigation by the Lindenhurst Police Department.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here