• Ashley R. Sawall, 32, of the 900 block of Locust Drive, Elgin, was charged Sunday with possession of a controlled substance containing hydrocodone, possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, court records show. Her bail was set at $10,000 in Kane County bond court Monday, and her next court date is May 22.
• Demarquis Smith, 24, of Elgin, was charged Friday with two counts of unlawful use of a debit/credit card after he was caught on videotape March 28 trying to use a card stolen from The Centre of Elgin to buy an Apple iPad at a store on Randall Road, according to a police report. He also made an $18 purchase using the card. The owner of the card reported his wallet stolen earlier on the day the card was used.
• Holly A. Walker, 41, of the 100 block of Mora Road, Carpentersville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 3:44 p.m. May 2 at Route 25 and Helm Road near Carpentersville, according to a sheriff's report. The driver, Julia E. Roche, 44, of the 6200 block of West Cermak Road, Berwyn, was charged with obstructing identification, driving while her license was suspended and no front plate, the report said. Roche was accused of giving authorities a false name. Deputies smelled marijuana smoke and searched the car, finding a pipe.
• Danny E. Serrato, 27, of the 800 block of Flowers Avenue, Streamwood, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana, and failure to signal after a traffic stop at 12:03 a.m. Thursday on the 400 block of Slade Avenue near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report.
• Steven R. Duffin, 51, of the 300 block of East 55th Street, Westmont, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor domestic battery at 1 a.m. Friday, according to a sheriff's report. Duffin is accused of throwing a woman to the ground in a parking lot in the 7N600 block of Route 25 near St. Charles.