• Local author Richard Munson discusses his new biography, "George Fabyan: The Tycoon Who Broke Ciphers, Ended Wars, Manipulated Sound, Built a Levitation Machine, and Organized the Modern Research Center," at noon Tuesday, May 13, at the Geneva History Center, 113 S. Third St., Geneva. The event is part of the museum's Brown Bag Lunch series, where guests are invited to bring a lunch to eat. Admission is $3-$5. To register, call (630) 232-4951 or visit genevahistorycenter.org.
• Author Kate Christensen discusses her new book, "Blue Plate Special: An Autobiography of My Appetites," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 13, at the Cook Park Library, 413 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. To register, call (847) 362-2330, go to webres.cooklib.org or visit the library.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet author Roland Lazenby as he reads from and signs copies of his book "Michael Jordan: The Life" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 14, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Author Lynne Cheney, wife of former vice president Dick Cheney, discusses her new book "James Madison: A Life Reconsidered" during a luncheon program at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 15, at the Chicago Union League Club, 65 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago. At the event, Dick Cheney will interview Lynne about her book. Reservations ($45 per person) are required and are available by calling Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville at (630) 355-2665. Books will be available for purchase at the luncheon. Lynne Cheney will also be on-hand to sign copies of her book at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Priority numbers for a place in the book-signing line are available with the purchase of Cheney's book from Anderson's. Visit andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet author and illustrator Lori Degman and Deborah Zemke as they introduce their new picture book "Cock-A-Doodle-Oops!" to guests at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 16, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. Youngsters are invited to wear their pajamas and bring a stuffed animal/doll along with them. The event is recommended for ages 3-7. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Paul Stanley, of the legendary rock band KISS, will meet with fans, pose for photos and hand out pre-signed/pre-paid copies of his book "Face the Music" at 7 p.m. Friday, May 16, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Stanley will not be signing any memorabilia. Priority places in the line are available with the purchase of Stanley's book from Anderson's Bookshop. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "Jack of Spies" author David Downing reads from and signs copies of his new book at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 17, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.