• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a bar code scanner between 4:25 and 5:40 p.m. May 1 at Jewel, 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole a package containing clothing and shoes between April 9 and May 1 delivered to a common delivery area in an apartment complex on the 700 block of West Rand Road. Value was estimated at $360.
• Alexander P. Campbell, 18, of the 200 block of Corrington Court, Streamwood, and Zachary J. Payne, 19, of the 0-100 block of Franklin Court, Streamwood, were arrested around 4:45 a.m. May 5 on the 100 block of First Avenue. Campbell was charged with theft and possession of marijuana. Payne was charged with theft and consumption of alcohol by a minor. A court date is June 11.
• Jessi L. Smith, 28, of the 34w900 block of South James Drive, St. Charles, was arrested around 4 p.m. May 2 on the 800 block of Carillon Drive and charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance and theft under $300.
• Thieves stole a mailbox and post overnight May 3-4 at a home on the 200 block of Shawnee Circle. Value was estimated at $150. Vandals damaged a mailbox on the 800 block of Castlewood Lane. Damage was estimated at $100.
• A male passenger left a cab around 3:47 a.m. May 4 on the 1500 block of Trenton Lane without paying the $52 fare.
• Thieves stole a bicycle valued at $100 around 6 p.m. May 2 locked to the fence in front of the Depot museum, 1 Railroad Ave.
• Courtney M. Palutsis, 21, of the 1000 block of Churchill, Bolingbrook, was arrested around 3:52 a.m. May 7 at Lake and Ontarioville and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and DUI.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $800 between 4 and 9 p.m. May 2 out of an unlocked 1998 Volvo in a driveway on the 1500 block of Falcon Lane.
• Thieves stole a girls' unlocked purple mountain bike between 8:30 p.m. May 3 and 3 p.m. May 4 parked outside the front door at a home on the 1800 block of Jamestown Circle. Value was estimated at $129.
• Burglars stole a wheeled suitcase containing hair cutting tools between 11:40 p.m. May 6 and 12:01 a.m. May 7 out of a 2011 Toyota Camry in an apartment lot on the 900 block of Atlantic Avenue. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $300 between April 22 and May 7 out of a box ordered from Walmart and delivered to a home on the 700 block of Hill Drive. The box arrived by FedEx but the cellphone was missing. According to the victim, when she called to complain, a Walmart employee told her that the phone may have been taken when the box was packed at the warehouse.
• Two men were seen on a security video taking four hard drives from a secured display shelf between 12:30 and 1 p.m. May 3 at Target, 2800 N. Sutton Road, Value was estimated at $660.
• Thieves stole a black and white bicycle between noon and 4:30 p.m. May 4 from the rear patio at a home on the 1900 block of Hancock. A witness saw a boy riding the bike at John Muir School, 1973 Kensington Lane.
• Two men made two trips into Jewel, 1485 Palatine Road, between 11:38 and 11:45 a.m. May 4 and stole 17 bottles of liquor including wine, champagne and whiskey. Value was estimated at $638.
• Burglars stole a radar detector and vehicle title between noon April 28 and 9 a.m. April 29 out of a 2000 Audi S4 in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of West Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $430
• Thieves stole a wallet and cellphone between 8:10 and 8:25 p.m. April 26 out of a shopping basket at Fiesta Market, 1902 S. Elmhurst Road. Value was estimated at $660.
• Vandals smashed windows between 11 p.m. April 24 and 7:50 a.m. April 25 on a 2006 Honda CR-V on the 200 block of Andover Drive, a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze on the 0-100 block of Oakwood Drive, a 2004 GMC Envoy on the 0-100 block of Stonegate Drive East, and a 2006 Jeep Commander on the 1000 block of Wildwood Drive East. Damage was estimated at $1,200.
• Thieves stole a red 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier between 8 p.m. April 29 and 9:15 a.m. April 30 out of an apartment lot on the 500 block of Wimbledon Circle.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Dodge Caravan between 11 p.m. April 24 and 5:45 a.m. April 25 and stole $20 and five CDs.
• Thieves stole the driver's-side mirror between 2 and 10 p.m. April 26 from a 2005 Chevrolet parked in a hotel lot at 2855 N. Milwaukee Ave. The mirror was carefully disconnected. Value was estimated at $100.