NEW YORK -- The winners of the 2014 James Beard Foundation restaurant and chef awards announced Monday are:
National Chef Awards
Contact information ( * required )
• Outstanding Chef
Nancy Silverton of Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles
• Outstanding Restaurant
The Slanted Door in San Francisco
• Rising star Chef of the Year
Jimmy Bannos Jr. of The Purple Pig in Chicago
Blaine Wetzel of The Willows Inn on Lummi Island in Lummi Island, Wash.
• Outstanding Restaurateur
Barbara Lynch of Barbara Lynch Gruppo (No. 9 Park, Menton, B&G Oysters, and others) in Boston
• Best New Restaurant
Peche Seafood Grill in New Orleans
• Outstanding Pastry Chef
Dominique Ansel of Dominique Ansel Bakery in New York City
• Outstanding Service
The Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena, Calif.
• Outstanding Wine, Beer or Spirits Professional
Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Outstanding Wine Program
The Barn at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn.
• Outstanding Bar Program
The Bar at the NoMad Hotel in New York City
Regional Chef Awards
• Great Lakes
Dave Beran of Next in Chicago
Vikram Sunderam of Rasika in Washington, D.C.
Justin Aprahamian of Sanford in Milwaukee
• New York City
April Bloomfield of The Spotted Pig
Jamie Bissonnette of Coppa in Boston
Naomi Pomeroy of Beast in Portland, Ore.
Ryan Prewitt of Peche Seafood Grill in New Orleans
Sue Zemanick of Gautreau's in New Orleans
Ashley Christensen of Poole's Downtown Diner in Raleigh, N.C.
Chris Shepherd of Underbelly in Houston
Daniel Patterson of Coi in San Francisco
James Beard Foundation America's Classics
• Hansen's Sno-Bliz in New Orleans
Owner: Ashley Hansen
• Nick's Italian Cafe in McMinnville, Ore.
Owners: Nick Peirano, Carmen Peirano and Eric Ferguson
• Olneyville New York System in Providence, R.I.
Owners: Stephanie Stevens Turini and Greg Stevens
• Perini Ranch Steakhouse in Buffalo Gap, Texas
Owners: Lisa and Tom Perini
• Sokolowski's University Inn in Cleveland
Owners: Bernard Sokolowski, Mary Balbier and Michael Sokolowski
James Beard Foundation Who's Who of Food & Beverage in America Inductees
• Edward Behr, food writer, St. Johnsbury, Ver.
• John Besh, chef and restaurateur, New Orleans
• David Chang, chef and restaurateur, New York City
• Barry Estabrook, writer, Vergennes, Ver.
• Paul Kahan, chef and restaurateur, Chicago
• Sherry Yard, pastry chef and author, Los Angeles
James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award
Sirio Maccioni of Le Cirque in New York City
James Beard Foundation Humanitarian of the Year
Matt Haley, philanthropist and restaurateur, Rehoboth Beach, Del.