Assurance has been a longtime proponent of corporate wellness programs, as it has empowered our employee base and provided them with both short and long-term benefits. Our faith in corporate wellness is what drove us to become the exclusive sponsor of the Daily Herald Fittest Loser competition. Through this competition, our goal is to show that wellness does not have to be expensive or time-consuming. Each week, we'll be sending a few, simple at-work exercises that you can do anytime and anywhere.
Tip of the Week: Packin' Your Hammies
Strengthen the hamstrings with this standing leg curl.
1. Stand behind your chair and hold onto it for support.
2. Gently kick one foot back, aiming the heel for the top of your thigh.
3. Lower the foot back down and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
4. Do 10 reps, take a bite of your lunchtime sandwich, and then do 10 more.
• Jill Micklow is a Wellness Specialist on Assurance's Employee Benefits Team. With a passion for improving the health of companies and their employees, Jill works closely with her clients to create large-scale corporate wellness programs. After first identifying her client's specific health and wellness goals, Jill then helps to develop, implement and manage a strategic wellness program tailored to their needs. Additionally, she works closely with Assurance's Benefits Communications Specialist to develop supplementary marketing materials to promote the success of these initiatives. Through education, motivation and engagement, Assurance clients and their employees see an improvement in overall health, morale, productivity and ROI thanks to Jill's efforts. Jill joined Assurance in 2009 and has since received certifications as a Group Benefits Associate (GBA), Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist (CWWS) and Certified Worksite Wellness Program Manager (CWWPM). Prior to Assurance, she graduated Summa cum Laude from St. Norbert College with a bachelor's degree in business and finance.