• Children's book author Anna Dewdney discusses her book "Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too" at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Radio host and New York Times best-selling author Garrison Keillor discusses and signs copies of his new book, "The Keillor Reader," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at Meiley-Swallow Hall on the campus of North Central College, 31 S. Ellsworth St., Naperville. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop. Tickets are required and are available with the purchase of Keillor's book at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Chef Gale Gand reads from and signs copies of her new cookbook, "Lunch!," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 255-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "It's an Orange Aardvark!" author Michael Hall reads from and signs copies of his latest picture book at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. (630) 963-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
•"Deep Blue" author Jennifer Donnelly discusses her book at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 7, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Singer, actor and author Rick Springfield signs copies of his novel "Magnificent Vibration" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 7, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-25665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Michael Harvey discusses his new thriller, "The Innocence Game," at 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 9, at Barnes and Noble, 720 Hawthorn Center, Vernon Hills. (847) 247-1157.
• Meet local author Annie Hansen as she discusses her book "Give Me Chocolate," a story based in historic Geneva, in a program at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Geneva History Center, 113 S. Third St., Geneva. Admission is $10; $5 for museum members. Books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. (630) 232-4951 or genevahistorycenter.org.
• Meet author Glennette Tilley Turner as she discusses her children's book "Billy the Barber's Mirror: Reflecting on an Untold Lincoln Story" at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at The Book Store, 475 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn. (630) 469-2891 or justthebookstore.com.