• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
Burglars ransacked a car around 8 a.m. April 29 on the 1200 block of Dunamon Drive and stole a checkbook, change and GPS. A second vehicle was ransacked but nothing appeared to be missing.
A woman was tricked into giving her debit card number around 5 p.m. April 29 in a store lot on the 800 block of Route 59. She saw a female scammer hysterical because she claimed she didn't have $34 to get her son's medication. The woman gave her debit card number and expiration date over a phone to an unknown subject she believed to be a Walgreens pharmacist. The female offender thanked her and walked away. When the victim told her husband about the incident, he urged her to cancel her debit account.
Thieves stole a cellphone around 3:30 p.m. April 27 during a garage sale on the 200 block of Hearthstone Drive
• Marcos A. Cordero, 26, of the 2000 block of North LaPorte, Chicago, was arrested around 1 p.m. April 17 on the 900 block of East Everett Avenue and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Jason Michael Morgan, 33, of the 700 block of Pearson Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 1 a.m. April 22 at a bar, 1472 E. Market St., and charged with battery, disorderly conduct and resisting a peace officer. His court date is June 4.
• Alfredo Terrazas, 23, of the 8900 block of Robin Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6 a.m. April 21 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with assault and aggravated battery in a place of public amusement. His court date is May 5.
• Burglars used bolt cutters and wire cutters between Jan. 17 and April 23 to cut the razor wire and barbed wire fencing belonging to ComEd at 1101 Seegers Road. It was not immediately clear if anything was missing.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between noon and 12:15 p.m. April 21 after the owner left it in a women's restroom in an office building on the 2400 block of Devon Ave. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, computer tablet, and wallet between 3 p.m. April 20 and 1:20 p.m. April 21 out of a Nissan in a driveway on the 1100 block of Walter Avenue. Loss was estimated at $1,300.
• Thieves stole a large green bicycle, between 6 p.m. April 23 and 6 p.m. April 24, with yellow plastic headings and red electronic brake lights activated by a small aluminum generator attached to the rear wheel. The bicycle was locked to a banister on the ground floor landing at the rear of an apartment building on the 1500 block of Miner Street. Value was estimated at $100.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a 1993 Kentucky trailer around 1:15 a.m. April 18 out of a lot at Transtar Express, 875 Devon Ave. Value was estimated at $6,000.
• Thieves used a drill to unscrew and steal the light assemblies, grill, instrument cluster, power door lock buttons and a radio between April 18 and 21 out of a 2010 Volvo tractor at Lucky Way Trucking, 1704 Carmen Drive. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Dakota D. Seaton, 18, of the 600 block of North Lake, Palatine, and Tyler J. Beck, 19, of the 1600 block of Liberty, Hanover Park, were arrested around 3:44 a.m. April 29 on the 1800 block of DeForest and charged with burglary to motor vehicle. Three vehicles were burglarized on the 1700 and 1800 blocks of DeForest.
• Gerardo Salgado, 53, of the 7000 block of Church, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:10 p.m. April 26 on the 7400 block of Astor and charged with battery and assault.
• Offenders burglarized Laurel Elementary School, 1750 Laurel, around 7 p.m. April 29.
• Thieves broke locks on 24 washers and dryers between March 22 and April 22 in condominium laundry rooms on the 1800 block of Huntington Road and stole quarters. Loss was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
• Alexis Noel Soto 20, of the 400 block of Longford Circle, Elgin, was arrested around 10:17 p.m. April 20 at Hyatt Place, 2750 Greemspoint Parkway, and charged with unlawful use of a weapon and possession of drug paraphernalia. Officers found metal knuckles/switchblade combination. A court date is May 20.
• Thieves stole $980 between 10:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. April 23 out of a guest room at Red Roof Inn, 2500 Hassell Road.
• A male resident received a phone call around 1 p.m. April 22 from a man claiming to represent his bank. The scammer told the resident his bank account had been frozen and he needed to supply his 16-digit debit card number. The victim did give the number and later discovered two withdrawals valued at $586.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and video game system between noon and 1 p.m. April 22 out of a home on the 1300 block of Kingsdale Road.
• Burglars broke into a storage locker on an unknown date but reported April 29 in an apartment building on the 1000 block of Higgins Quarter and stole a wheelchair valued at $100.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $25 between 5 p.m. April 23 and noon April 24 out of an unlocked 2002 Lincoln Town Car in a condominium lot on the 1400 block of Rebecca Drive.