Breaking News Bar
updated: 4/30/2014 7:29 PM

Candle starts Mt. Prospect apartment fire

Success - Article sent! close
Daily Herald report

An unattended candle started an apartment fire in Mount Prospect Wednesday morning, fire officials said.

Mount Prospect firefighters responded to the blaze about 10:30 a.m. on the 1800 block of Palm Drive. They arrived to find smoke and fire coming from the bedroom of a third-floor apartment, officials said in a release.

Only one apartment in the 35-unit building was damaged. Officials estimated the damage at $40,000.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.