• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Roberto Ramirez-Martinez, 27, of the 1100 block of West Victoria, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:22 a.m. April 27 in an apartment lot on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road and charged with aggravated DUI, no driver's license, no insurance, and illegal transportation of open alcohol. The report said officers were called to the parking lot and discovered that Ramirez-Martinez had hit two parked cars: a 2001 Mercury Sable and 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. He then hit a 2003 Nissan Altima as he parked his 1999 Ford Explorer, the report said. He was sleeping in the SUV when officers found him. His blood-alcohol level registered three times the legal limit, the report said. His court date is May 20.
• A vandal shot a soft-air pellet that struck a 13-year-old boy in the back around 9:25 p.m. April 26 as he played outside a home on the 500 block of West Thomas. The boy saw a dark SUV with stickers on the back and rear windows traveling west on Thomas. Police encourage anyone with information about the driver to call the police department.
• Thieves stole money and several pieces of jewelry: two pairs of 24K gold chandelier earrings, one 24K gold necklace, five gold bangle bracelets and one gold necklace with 10 medallions between Dec. 27 and April 26 out of a home on the 200 block of West Hyde. Value was estimated at $15,400.
• Thieves stole a cellphone and case, value estimated at $260, between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m. April 26 in a lobby at the Holiday Inn Express, 2120 S. Arlington Heights Road.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck between 10 p.m. April 24 and 11:30 a.m. April 25 in a driveway on the 1600 block of Partridge Court and stole a supply refrigerant recovery unit, vacuum pump and tool bag with various tools. Value was estimated at $3,450.
• Vandals scratched four doors around 1 p.m. April 21 on a 2013 Hyundai Elantra in a store lot at 1455 Lake-Cook Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between 5:10 and 5:40 p.m. April 21 after the owner left it on a table at McDonald's, 1356 Lake-Cook Road.